Contribute
Register

[Guide] Mountain Lion Installation for Asus Vivobook S200, X202, S400...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i already copied the Microsoft folder from "CLOVERUSB/EFI" to "C:\EFI\Microsoft" but i get "Boot to Windows8 in Windows8" not "Boot Microsoft EFI boot menu from Windows8"- any idea?

Attachments

• osxboottowindows.JPG
    osxboottowindows.JPG
    844.3 KB · Views: 148
  • photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    848.8 KB · Views: 164
Hey guys, I finally installed a new AR5BHB92 card, and went to begin my installation of OSX. However, I seem to be getting stuck at this step:

- mkdir /Volumes/cloverUSB/EFI/Microsoft (cd /Volumes and type ls to list all volumes if you need to look for cloverUSB name)
- type cp -rf /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Microsoft /Volumes/cloverUSB/EFI/Microsoft
- This will copy Microsoft EFI boot to cloverUSB.
- You should have "Boot" in /Volumes/cloverUSB/EFI/Microsoft

I can't seem to get it to list all volumes, but I can see from the first list that it's called "CLOVERUSB". However, when I type the copy command, it says "no such directory". Can anyone offer some clarification for this step? Also, how do I backup the "Microsoft" folder later on? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hey guys, I finally installed a new AR5BHB92 card, and went to begin my installation of OSX. However, I seem to be getting stuck at this step:

I can't seem to get it to list all volumes, but I can see from the first list that it's called "CLOVERUSB". However, when I type the copy command, it says "no such directory". Can anyone offer some clarification for this step? Also, how do I backup the "Microsoft" folder later on? Any help is greatly appreciated!

try backing out one folder up, the type "ls" to see the volumes under "/Volumes".
also, i think it's about case sensitivity - i have my USB named all caps "CLOVERUSB" as well.
when you execute the commands at terminal, try not using "cloverUSB" as per guide.

try to look at my screenshot below.

Attachments

• terminal.JPG
    terminal.JPG
    848.8 KB · Views: 92
Thanks for the suggestion, erniepaj, but I actually tried using all caps since that how it appeared in the directory. Here's a screenshot, maybe I'm missing something:

IMG_2084.JPG

So I made it all the way to step 10, but now it won't boot into OSX.

- Now move IOath3kfrmwr.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.8 and delete all other kexts in cloverUSB.
9. To prevent checking for OS X update, you can disable under System Preferences -> Software update
10. Now reboot OS X to test to see if it can boot in.

It stops in the middle of loading the OS. Any idea what could cause this?

Attachments

• IMG_2087.jpg
    IMG_2087.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 251
I did a clean re-install of OSX, and still run into the same issue when I create the bootloader. It loads fine off of the CloverUSB, but when I eject it and run it off of the new "Clover" boot option, it gets stuck in the middle of loading OSX at that same part, as shown in the picture. Does anyone have any insight on this? Thanks!

IMG_2087.jpg

I did a clean re-install of OSX, and still run into the same issue when I create the bootloader. It loads fine off of the CloverUSB, but when I eject it and run it off of the new "Clover" boot option, it gets stuck in the middle of loading OSX at that same part, as shown in the picture. Does anyone have any insight on this? Thanks!

View attachment 70200
Just a random idea... the only time I ever had freezes during boot was when I had USB 3 XHCI enabled in the bios without the right kext installed. Try disabling it in the bios and then see if it boots. Might be unrelated but was the only idea I had.

Thanks pennywisdom, I'll make sure I have that setting in the bios. I actually have it successfully loading on its own now, but sleep and a few other things aren't working correctly. I'm going to have to play around and make sure I have all the right kexts.

I'm about to begin my 4th or 5th reinstall of OSX, and it seems to be because of the Sleep Enabler kext. I installed it to make the sleep function work correctly, and OSX restarts mid-boot every time now. This happened the last time I installed that kext, so I'm thinking I'm doing something wrong. Is there a particular way I should install the kext, or should I just not use it at all? Does anyone have any other solutions for fixing sleep? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back