Contribute
Register

[Guide] ML Asus P8H67-I-Deluxe - Airport, SpeedStep, Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took out the gt430.
Followed your guide to the letter and... System fully functional!!!
Now will add the gt430 and keep you posted.

Adding gt430 boots system, sleeps works, however after sleep the corrupted screen.

Downloaded the new nvidia drivers for 10.8.2. They refuse to install, but going inside content gives me the option to install. Is this because of Mac mini system def?

Reboot, sleep works!!
Weird, I don't have to change the audio Id, hdmi audio works through gt430.. (Set to 0x03)
Thanks for your help, very happy this works now!

I'm curious though, and this might help others, does the system def influence sleep behaviour?

Took out the gt430.
Followed your guide to the letter and... System fully functional!!!

Downloaded the new nvidia drivers for 10.8.2. They refuse to install, but going inside content gives me the option to install. Is this because of Mac mini system def?

Reboot, sleep works!!
Weird, I don't have to change the audio Id, hdmi audio works through gt430.. (Set to 0x03)
Thanks for your help, very happy this works now!

I'm curious though, and this might help others, does the system def influence sleep behaviour?
The Nvidia drivers require Mac Pro sysdef to install; you used the correct work around. Layout 3 supports both HD3000/HD4000 and AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio.

I am not aware of any sysdef sleep implications. I use macmin5,1 and imac12,1 without issues on my Sandy Bridge systems.

Now you a working baseline and you try anything you like as long as you have a working backup.

Asus Mini
Updated for Mountain Lion. The Asus P8H67-I Deluxe provides Mini functionality with much higher performance.

Hardware
1. Asus P8H67-I-Deluxe (BIOS 0803), see Asus 1155 Patched BIOS Repository
2. Intel Core i5-2405S/HD3000
2. PowerColor HD 6850 Single Slot (DPx2, HDMI, DVI)
3. Crucial m4 60GB
4. WD RE4-GP 2TB
5. Kingston 8 GB 1333
6. Scythe Kozuti 80mm
7. Thermaltake Element Q

Capabilities
Asus Mini supports Airport/AirDrop, Gigabit Ethernet, HDMI Video and Audio, Analog 5.1 and Digital 5.1 Surround Sound, Bluetooth, Sleep And Wake, Intel SpeedStep and a wide range of processor and graphic performance limited only by the budget (cost and/or power).
1. 10.8 or newer
2. Audio
2a. 892/3 port audio/5.1 analog (Not available with HD3000 HDMI audio)/digital optical
2b. AMD/Nvidia/HD3000 HDMI audio/DD 5.1/DTS 5.1
3. Network
3a. GB Ethernet/Realtek RTL8111E
3b. Airport/Atheros AR9285
4. Bluetooth
4a. Built-in (doesn't work with Magic Mouse or TrackPad, prevents sleep)
4b. Belkin USB (full functionality, wake from sleep)
5. SpeedStep
6. Sleep/Wake

ML Audio IDs
The following Mountain Lion audio options are available. The ML Asus Mini Fix dsdt is configured for Audio ID: 3
1. Audio ID: 1 (5/6 port audio)
1a. Rear - speaker, mic and line in (configured as labeled)
1b. Front - mic and headphones
1c. SPDIF - optical
1d. HDMI audio - AMD or Nvidia
2. Audio ID: 2 (3 port audio)
2a. Rear - 5.1 analog (configured as 3 audio outputs)
2b. Front - mic and headphones
2c. SPDIF - optical
2d. HDMI audio - AMD or Nvidia
3. Audio ID: 3 (only for HD3000 HDMI audio systems)
3a. Rear - speaker, mic and line in (configured as labeled)
3b. Front - mic and headphones
3c. SPDIF - optical
3d. HDMI audio - HD3000 HDMI audio

Solution
1. BIOS settings
2. MultiBeast/UserDSDT
3. Install SSDT.aml in Extra
4. KextBeast AppleHDA.kext
a. Optional - IOBluetoothFamily.kext (Belkin Bluetooth USB)
5. Verify org.chameleon.Boot.plist
6. Audio ID
a. Optional - Edit Audio ID for AMD/Nvidia HDMI audio (1) and/or 3 port audio (2)
7. Restart - Note 1

Installation
1. Downloads/ml_asus_mini_kit/Read_Me_First

Attachments
1. View attachment 32862

Working Sleep
To ensure Sleep works, don't install any other kexts at this time. Make a bootable backup.
1. Display off
2. Processor sleeping/CPU fan off
3. Power light blinking

Options
1. Processor
a. Sandy Bridge w/HD3000: 2105, 2125, 2405S, 2500K, 2600K, 2700K
b. Any Sandy Bridge Processor with a discrete graphics card
2. HDMI audio (works OOB, no kext editing)
a. Low profile
i. EVGA GT 430
ii. Sapphire HD 6670 (AtiConfig=Muskgrass)
b. Single Slot
i. PowerColor HD 6850 (default, Duckweed)
c. Dual Slot
1. Sapphire HD 6870 (default, Duckweed)
3. Case
a. Mini-ITX configuration

Notes
1. During verbose boot, if PCI Configuration begin appears, let the boot continue and wait for the Desktop.

Credits:
TooSixy http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=37056
THe KiNG: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1416

Followed your instructions. Boot stuck at pci configuration begin

Hi guys, i'm trying to install hackintosh 10.8.1 on system and i've run into few problems.

1. original bios was 0503 so i updated to 0803 and than updated to 0803 modified from link provided in first post.
2. now when i go to install it goes to white screen with apple logo the wheel moves for little and than freezes/hang up.

System spec :- Asus P8H67-I Delux, Intel core i 3 2100T (2.5GHz 35W), Kingstone 120GB SSD, DVD RW drive, 8GB RAM.

at first i though it was ram, so i removed one of them and kept 4GB ram inside, but problem presisted. i've put the ML in petroit 8GB USB.

is there any special setting i've to follow on BIOS if so where can i find it? i do have video ram set to 384MB and HD is in ACHI mode.

I do NOT have discrete Graphic Card, using on board Graphics using HDMI connection.

Thanks for help in advanced.

System spec :- Asus P8H67-I Delux, Intel core i 3 2100T (2.5GHz 35W), Kingstone 120GB SSD, DVD RW drive, 8GB RAM.

I do NOT have discrete Graphic Card, using on board Graphics using HDMI connection.

you need to have a cpu that has hd3000 or hd4000 onboard gfx.
your current hd2000 gfx wont work. either change cpu or get a gfx card

thanks thought that might be the problem, will nvidia 610 card work or what would you suggest for video card, i do want low profile ready as i don't have full size slot in HTPC. i was looking to get one of the silent one, but whichever is best i'll buy it.

thanks

Hi,

Wondering how much of this will work for an ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE board? Right now I have most everything working aside from HDMI/Display port audio out on an NVIDIA GTX680 and no working bluetooth / WIFI and no sleep...

Im running a patched BIOS so speed step (according to HWMonitor) is operational.

thanks!

Hi, from spain
i have a P8H67-I Motherboard, but not the Deluxe version. I instaled your DSDT . I HAVE I3 2125 , hd3000, and osx ML 10.8.2

the system boots up fine, but I do not see the network card, I have to use wifi, and I can not connect to icloud and appstore, unknown error. some help please?

anyone can provide me link/file for snow leopard cause i want to try that before i go to ML.

thanks
CB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back