Contribute
Register

[Guide] Mavericks Lenovo G580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I reinstalled the OS.

I got the keyboard back on now and 2x on left side USB 3.0 works fine as well.
USB 2.0 on he right is dead.
Camera is OK but microphone is not working.
Touchpad seems to not working properly.

I have massive problem with CPU/GPU power consumption, the full battery takes an hour to empty.
CPU gets overheat and overclocked to high by speedstep up to 3.07GHz (LOL)
When playing HD movie all of the cores are busy at 100%. Poor framerate makes movie unwatchable. Even on a screensaver I noticed low FPS.

Please see the attachment for details.

im no expert. but what i think the problem is , ur graphics are not detected , and power management is incomplete so ur running cpu at 100%, and brightness is at high level. So its draining ur battery very quick.

So follow the rehabman's post, to get them. if you have any trouble doing it so let me know ill help u with it.

About USB are you sure the right side USB is dead bcz mine it is working and it is supposed to.

About the touch pad, i guess the problem is with the rotation option is driver causes the issues. Open the driver package , there u can a info.plist, open it up and disable the features that u dont need.i sett rotation option to false inorder to avoid refresh issue in the browser. And change ur scroll speed in the system preference at least once.

And if ur concerned about battery, after ur done with ur problems ull get around 4:30 hrs battery backup. Mavericks is very friendly with battery :)

hey,
I bought a my new Lenovo G580 laptop.
Model no.20150.
i5-3230M 3rd Gen.
8 GB RAM.
1 TB HardDisk.
Intel(R)HD Graphics 4000.
Windows-8

k then . is there any way for me to play graphic intense games? wat solution would u suggest? i mean i can afford graphic card but not both mother board nd graphic card.

nd wat games wil the current config support.....suggest some???
can i play any of these......battle field 3,4,arma 3,ac4,crisis 3,call of duty 4,far cry?

- - - Updated - - -

hey,
Model no.20150.
i5-3230M 3rd Gen.
8 GB RAM.
1 TB HardDisk.
Windows-8

k then . is there any way for me to play graphic intense games? wat solution would u suggest? i mean i can afford graphic card but not both mother board nd graphic card.

can i play any of these......battle field 3,4,arma 3,ac4,crisis 3,call of duty 4,far cry?

hey,
Model no.20150.
i5-3230M 3rd Gen.
8 GB RAM.
1 TB HardDisk.
Windows-8

- - - Updated - - -

hey,
Model no.20150.
i5-3230M 3rd Gen.
8 GB RAM.
1 TB HardDisk.
Windows-8

dude this forum is only for osx installation on intel based pc. Not a gaming forum, i recommend you to go hardware specific forums and ask over there.

My laptop specs:
MODEL: LENOVO G580-20150
CPU:3rd gen core i5 3230M
Graphics: HD4000
Wifi: Athroes AR9485(Replaced with AR9285)
HDD: 64GB SSD for OS + 500GB storage drive

What is working:
1)Graphics
2)Audio with mic and headphone jack
3)All USB ports (in 2.0 Mode)
4)Touch pad with full Gesture support.
5)Keyboard
6)CAM (natively)
7)Bluetooth (Removed AR9485 so no blutooth)
8)Ethernet
9)cpu power management and speedstep
10)Brightness controls
11)Sleep
12)wifi works with AR9285 card.
13)Keyboard shortcuts for disabling touchpad, switch monitor etc

What is not working:
1)Card reader (Might work in ur model so check in system report);

1) Follow this to make unibeast drive for mavericks installation .
(Hint: keep multi beast in the installation pen drive itself as we have one usb2.0 only)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

2)Boot args To get to the installation:
-v PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No
Mavericks is slow to show installation screen , so wait a little bit.

3)Format and install asusual.

4)while booting from HDD, u need to enter safe mode only to install multi beast
-v -f -x PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=No USBBusFix=Yes
Hint:keep ur unibeast drive left side usb3.0 port,other wise u can't connect ur external mouse. Yes u need external mouse as touchpad will not work in safe mode.

5)setup Your mac.

6)Run the multi beast and select
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820_FakeSMC.kext
Drivers > Misc > NullCPUPowerManagement
Drivers > Misc > PS/2 Keyboard/Mice and Trackpads
Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > IGPEnabler=No
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > Boot Options > Verbose Boot
Customize > System Definitions > MacBook Pro > MacBook Pro 8,1
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

See the attached screen shot for the reference.

7)Reboot
this time u should be able to boot with out any boot args.

8)Install battery , ethernet , wifi(only works with AR9285 cards), Touchpad (élan only) kexts from the attachments from this post.

9)add following string to the org.chemelon.plist in /Extra/ folder for enabling graphics.

<key>device-properties</key>
<string>7f00000001000000010000007300000002000000 02 010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff04002c000000 4100410050004c002c00690067002d0070006c006100740066 006f0072006d002d0069006400000008000000030066011400 00006800640061002d0067006600780000000d0000006f6e62 6f6172642d31</string>
(search for HD4000 strings if this string not working for u, and dont forget to update org.chemelon.boot.plist to have GraphicsEnabler=Yes)
reboot and test graphics.

10)Audio: install latest voodoHDA from multi beast.

11)USB: rightclick on IOUSBFamily.kext (from S/L/E) -->show package contents-->plugins-->delete xhci plugin. then reinstall the kext. (or u can find an edited one in the attachments)
*let me know u can figure out USB3.0 functionality.

12)Extract your dsdt and patch it with PNLF_SB from the attachment to get the brightness controls
, using fn+insert and fn+delete.

Hint:before extracting ur DSDT, reboot with DSDT=0 and use maciAsl for best results.

13) CPU Power management:
a) install patched IntelCpuPowerManegement from multi beast.
b) in smbios under /Extra/ folder change system defination to MacbookPro9.2 and board id to Mac-6F01561E16C75D06 . reboot now
c)using ssdt generation script generate your ssdt nad put it in your /extra folder, add DropSSDT =Yes and change GenerateCStates and GeneratePstates to NO to your org.chemelon.boot.plist.
d) delete NullCpuPowerMangement drom s/l/e
check this once://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/86807-ml-native-ivy-bridge-cpu-gpu-power-management.html
credits: rehabman

14)Sleep(manual only): install ElliottForceLegacyRTC.kext from multibeat and patch your dsdt with EHCI and DTGP.
(sometimes sleep won't work, always check before leaving ur lappy, or u will end up with low battery)

Comment for any help

you know what its a grand fail for me...tried more than 6-7 clean installs .. the installation goes good

After installing Kexts via multibeast...i mean after installing multibeast it should boot directly from the HDD right?????.....why i have to boot again and again from the unibeast drive

its ending up with some unix lines bla bla bla what ever and it gets stuck up...can anybody help me on this....my laptop is Lenovo G580 20157 model

can anybody plzz help...am so desperate andhow do i get the instal hd 4000 working??....plzz make a easy guide..i accept that am a noob..but i love osx distro..plzz help me to get all the required kexts/drivers

After installing Kexts via multibeast...i mean after installing multibeast it should boot directly from the HDD right?????.....why i have to boot again and again from the unibeast drive

maybe because u still connected ur unibeast pendrive and boot priority is set to USB first?

ill try to explain, if you can tell me which part of the guide is confusing you.

im no expert. but what i think the problem is , ur graphics are not detected , and power management is incomplete so ur running cpu at 100%, and brightness is at high level. So its draining ur battery very quick.

So follow the rehabman's post, to get them. if you have any trouble doing it so let me know ill help u with it.

About USB are you sure the right side USB is dead bcz mine it is working and it is supposed to.

About the touch pad, i guess the problem is with the rotation option is driver causes the issues. Open the driver package , there u can a info.plist, open it up and disable the features that u dont need.i sett rotation option to false inorder to avoid refresh issue in the browser. And change ur scroll speed in the system preference at least once.

And if ur concerned about battery, after ur done with ur problems ull get around 4:30 hrs battery backup. Mavericks is very friendly with battery :)

I decided to erase SDD by using HirensBoot - Patrition Wizard and I found a small EFI partition about 200MB size. After disk wiped out from all partitions and another clean OS installation the HD4000 seems to work proper now.

Problems :
1. Pad in not working at all (worked before kext added)
2. Microphone not working
3. USB 2.0 on right side not working
4. Battery life exceeded up to 3 hours - I am still not satisfied with this result.

After step 12 should I put patched DSDT file into Extra folder?

I decided to erase SDD by using HirensBoot - Patrition Wizard and I found a small EFI partition about 200MB size. After disk wiped out from all partitions and another clean OS installation the HD4000 seems to work proper now.

Problems :
1. Pad in not working at all (worked before kext added)
2. Microphone not working
3. USB 2.0 on right side not working
4. Battery life exceeded up to 3 hours - I am still not satisfied with this result.

After step 12 should I put patched DSDT file into Extra folder?

what is the touchpad u have elan or synaptics?if it is synaptics then try with http://www.osx86.net/downloads.php?do=file&id=1448
inbuilt microphone supposed to work with voodo, u can confirm it be going to system settings-->audio-->input tab. if the bar moves when u talk that mean its working. And also try with different voodo if it not working.
And always u can try to make it work with patched appleHDA.

For right side USB2.0 try with attached IOUSBFamily kext .

test ur cpu powermangement with DPCI manager, and reduce the brighness for longer battery life.

maybe because u still connected ur unibeast pendrive and boot priority is set to USB first?

ill try to explain, if you can tell me which part of the guide is confusing you.

Could you please tell me the recommend BIOS Settings for my laptop....??

i am having another issue is that...am unable to boot the USB by UEFI mode...rather i have to change it from the UEFI to Legacy Mode..plzzz tell me any other BIOS Settings are to be modified.

Are you sure it will boot from my HDD post installation of multibeast??....because when i remove the Unibeast Drive then during boot it gives boot zero errors....plzz suggest what to do in this case.

And another thing is during Kext installation tell me the exact procedure to install the kexts...its telling drag and drop to install kexts....am confused :banghead:

and plzz tell e how to inject Intel HD4000 String to the Chameleon PST...am very much confused....:cry:

And one more thing is what is DSDT??? ....and how to patch it..i came across many member's speaking about this term DSDT..what it does exactly??

Please give me the detailed procedure

For right side USB2.0 try with attached IOUSBFamily kext .

Almost everything works now, except USB2.0
Your kext unfortunately doesn't work, do you have any different thoughts?

Could you please tell me the recommend BIOS Settings for my laptop....??

i am having another issue is that...am unable to boot the USB by UEFI mode...rather i have to change it from the UEFI to Legacy Mode..plzzz tell me any other BIOS Settings are to be modified.

Are you sure it will boot from my HDD post installation of multibeast??....because when i remove the Unibeast Drive then during boot it gives boot zero errors....plzz suggest what to do in this case.

And another thing is during Kext installation tell me the exact procedure to install the kexts...its telling drag and drop to install kexts....am confused :banghead:

and plzz tell e how to inject Intel HD4000 String to the Chameleon PST...am very much confused....:cry:

And one more thing is what is DSDT??? ....and how to patch it..i came across many member's speaking about this term DSDT..what it does exactly??

Please give me the detailed procedure

fix boot 0 error by this
http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

And do plz use search before asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back