Contribute
Register

[Guide] Lenovo T430 - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
where would i find the verbs?

You have to use hda-verb to experiment/discover your fix. You will need a codec dump (so you know which nodes correspond to the problem you're trying to fix). And you will need an understanding of the Intel HDA specification.

XDleader55, would you be so kind as to put your kexts, config.plist, patched DSDT and SSDTs out for me? I've got the same hardware as you do (T430, i7 3520m, HD4000) but I cannot get the audio to work, nor set the brightness. I've tried patching myself but I'm probably missing something. I just want to try with your files, if you don't mind.

XDleader55, would you be so kind as to put your kexts, config.plist, patched DSDT and SSDTs out for me? I've got the same hardware as you do (T430, i7 3520m, HD4000) but I cannot get the audio to work, nor set the brightness. I've tried patching myself but I'm probably missing something. I just want to try with your files, if you don't mind.

You cannot use patched ACPI files from another computer.

deleted by poster

Last edited:
You cannot use patched ACPI files from another computer.

Yes, I read that. But I used kartoffelsalat_reloaded's on the same configuration that he had, and it worked perfectly well. I just wanted to try XDleader555's files.

By the way, thanks for the great guides and guidance you provide.

Hello,
I am new to Hackintosh and I found this thread by searching for T430 + macOs. I know macOS Sierra is the newest one but I only found this thread and using an older version of macOS. So my question. Is there any new guide that uses Sierra and I just didn't find or do I need to use this guide and use El Captain?

Hello,
I am new to Hackintosh and I found this thread by searching for T430 + macOs. I know macOS Sierra is the newest one but I only found this thread and using an older version of macOS. So my question. Is there any new guide that uses Sierra and I just didn't find or do I need to use this guide and use El Captain?

The procedures for Sierra are very similar as for El Capitan.
But certain problems keep from using Sierra as a daily driver (for some).
See here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

I've had great luck following this guide for installation and post config, but confounded while trying to patch my DSDT.dsl.
I have a stable T430 running 10.11.4 with no sound, installing the updated audio kext did not resolve it. I'm assuming I need to patch the DSDT, but I'm not skilled with that.

Anybody willing to assist? After patching the things I can find mentioned in this guide, I seem to end up with more errors than before, and there are some patches that seem to have been renamed that I cannot locate. (Layout Fix - 21, IRQ Fix, SMBUS, rename_PCI0.VID_PCI0.IGPU, PNLF_ivy_sandy, battery_Lenovo-X220, HD4000_LowRes, 7-series/8-series USB, PN0T FIX, system_OSYS_win8, usb_prw_0x0d_xhc)

Any help = APPRECIATED

I've attached my goodies.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 131
I've had great luck following this guide for installation and post config, but confounded while trying to patch my DSDT.dsl.
I have a stable T430 running 10.11.4 with no sound, installing the updated audio kext did not resolve it. I'm assuming I need to patch the DSDT, but I'm not skilled with that.

Anybody willing to assist? After patching the things I can find mentioned in this guide, I seem to end up with more errors than before, and there are some patches that seem to have been renamed that I cannot locate. (Layout Fix - 21, IRQ Fix, SMBUS, rename_PCI0.VID_PCI0.IGPU, PNLF_ivy_sandy, battery_Lenovo-X220, HD4000_LowRes, 7-series/8-series USB, PN0T FIX, system_OSYS_win8, usb_prw_0x0d_xhc)

Any help = APPRECIATED

I've attached my goodies.

ACPI patching guide is linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Yeah, I found that. ACPI patching is a bit beyond my grasp if I run into any errors. I've spent a lot of time catching up on everything you've got up at https://github.com/RehabMan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back