Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Kaby Lake NUC7 using Clover UEFI (NUC7i7BNH, NUC7i5BNK, NUC7i3BNH, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moved your post to correct thread (question is regarding NUC7, not NUC5)...

Dawson Canyon...
I looked at newegg.com, amazon.com, and google.com (shopping). None for sale...

Yep bc it’s rolling out early April. But will you take a look at that system?

@RehabMan Did you take a look at the NUC7 - DN version? (ie NUC7i7DNxx). They do have removable Wifi module just like NUC5
I think i will postpone buying a nuc5, if this nuc7 make sit possible to swap the wifi card that will be a very intresting machine.

I think i will postpone buying a nuc5, if this nuc7 make sit possible to swap the wifi card that will be a very intresting machine.

Yep and the m.2 is pcie x4 so possible for eGPU DIY kit from bplus.

Yep and the m.2 is pcie x4 so possible for eGPU DIY kit from bplus.
Well I'm really looking for a silent version, so an extra gpu is not in my interest. However as far as I could see the NUC5 was the best system as you could get wifi oob, so with this new version hopefully it will be the same case. Plus the hardware will be latest so thats good for future versions of osx.

i have dealt with hackintosh since jasc on amd but I dont have the patience anymore to deal with two weeks of evenings messing around with 1 kext ;)

Hi RehabMan,
Thanks very very much for this guide. I spent quite a while to finish the install, of course I made some mistakes and I had to start from scratch again. Now everything looks fine in my NUC.
Just have one small question. Could you take a look at the drivers and Kexts in my Clover folder under the EFI partition? I am not sure if I need all of them to boot the installer as most of them may already be installed in /S/L/E
Many thanks in advance.

Attachments

• folder 1.png
    folder 1.png
    34.8 KB · Views: 154
  • folder 2.png
    folder 2.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 156
Hi RehabMan,
Thanks very very much for this guide. I spent quite a while to finish the install, of course I made some mistakes and I had to start from scratch again. Now everything looks fine in my NUC.
Just have one small question. Could you take a look at the drivers and Kexts in my Clover folder under the EFI partition? I am not sure if I need all of them to boot the installer as most of them may already be installed in /S/L/E
Many thanks in advance.

EmuVaribleUefi-64.efi is missing from drivers64UEFI. Or you can use AptioMemoryFix.efi instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi (enables native NVRAM such that you don't need EmuVariable).

Clover/kexts/Other is correct. It is set that way by install_downloads.sh...

Thanks a lot. I have AptioMemoryFix.efi in drivers 64UEFI instead of EmuVaribleUefi-61.efi.
Now I can enjoy my Hacintosh.

help solve the problem. Default configuration after installing all kext. Adding smbios imac 18.1 only change.

the problem itself
1. I connect external hdd then I disconnect.
2. Turn on sleep
nuc goes to sleep and wakes up right away

log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

2018-03-23 15:40:36.624099+0300 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XDCI

help solve the problem. Default configuration after installing all kext. Adding smbios imac 18.1 only change.

the problem itself
1. I connect external hdd then I disconnect.
2. Turn on sleep
nuc goes to sleep and wakes up right away

log show --style syslog | fgrep "Wake reason"

2018-03-23 15:40:36.624099+0300 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XDCI

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back