Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Intel HD Graphics 5500 on OS X Yosemite 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
My dedicated video memory is 128MB on windows with intel hd graphics 5500, can you help me to set it on the config.plist?

Clearly, you didn't read the FAQ.

IMPORTANT!: Contrary to many of the guides you will read, Windows is NOT a valid way to determine what DVMT-prealloc is set to. There is no correlation, especially with Windows 10.

Clearly, you didn't read the FAQ.

I'm sorry RehabMan, I didn't read this part of FAQ.

So the only way to fix this with the UEFI Shell?

So the only way to fix this with the UEFI Shell?

There is also the Linux efivars method. Or find a way to unlock BIOS.

And if you can't set it, you can try the minStolenSize patch, but your system is likely to be unstable.

There is also the Linux efivars method. Or find a way to unlock BIOS.

And if you can't set it, you can try the minStolenSize patch, but your system is likely to be unstable.

The config.plist I'm using is the only one that allow the laptop to boot OSX, can you patch my config.plist to test?

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 222
I know that but i can't boot with your config_HD5300_5500_6000.plist , i don't know why , i can boot only with my config.plist, is that too much work to you add you patch to my config.plist? I'm sorry for bother you.

My config.plist has the patch disabled. Your problem booting without the patch is likely you haven't set DVMT-prealloc.

You have two choices:
- set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb (sometimes larger)
OR
- enable the patch

My config.plist has the patch disabled. Your problem booting without the patch is likely you haven't set DVMT-prealloc.

You have two choices:
- set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb (sometimes larger)
OR
- enable the patch

I checked on my bios and my video memory is 64MB, so i think i don't need to change the DVMT-prealloc, right?

I can't boot with you plist because the patch is disabled? Can you teach me how to enable this?

I checked on my bios and my video memory is 64MB, so i think i don't need to change the DVMT-prealloc, right?

I can't boot with you plist because the patch is disabled? Can you teach me how to enable this?

If you have DVMT-prealloc set to 64mb, then you don't need the patch.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back