Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] i7 3770K| P8Z77-V Deluxe | GTX 680 w/ HDMI audio passthrough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, kill_mark

How did you make your ASUS USB-N13 working in ML 10.8.2?

try updating to 10.8.2 because tonymac said that it's now supported out of the box.. :)

that's what i used, it's working perfectly.. :)

did not work for me. usb i identifies the n13 but i am not sure about the driver. could not find 10.8.2 driver for n13. if someone know where to dl the driver please let me know. thanks.

any suggestion on how I might get the ralink to work or if there is a setting I am missing?

My Specs:

Core i7-3770K 3.5Ghz
ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe Bios:1504
2GB Palit GTX 680 Jetstream

Stuffs not tested: Intel USB 3.0 Ports and Asmedia USB 3.0 ports displays in System Information

Reference for the steps I did
tonymacx86.com - UniBeast 1.5: Install OS X Mountain Lion on Any Supported Intel-based PC

before proceeding with the installation, i patched my bios from Asus Patched Bios

At Chimera boot I used PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No
Steps that I did the nth time around:

Install ML 10.8.2
after restart boot with the installed partition
proceed with the regular settings
when the desktop is loaded for the first time, i ran multibeast

in Multibeast 5.1.1 I selected:
UserDSDT
Patched ALC898
lnx2mac Realtek
hnak e1000
GE=No

reboot
viola

i've created my DSDT so that i can use HDMI audio from my video card using toleda's guide.
Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Mark,
How much monitors can you use at the same time with your videocard?
I've read that some people can use 2 monitors at the same time and some people can use 4 at the same time.
Thanks in advance,
Krik

i only have 2 monitors. it works pretty well but from what i know, with the latest driver update from nvidia for 10.8.2 not from the Supplemental Updates, multi monitor is fixed up to 3 monitors. don't know about 4 monitors..

Thanks for your reply! :thumbup:

Krik

Hi Kill_Mark and Others,
I posted this on a similar thread for P8Z77

"Following all the instructions given and after built Unibeast install USB, I am finding out that after hitting F8 on the BIOS to boot from the USB the screen only shows the Hard Drive partition as an option to boot leading to the error " Can't find mach_kernel ".
Using a new USB doesn't do the trick. For some reason USB partition is not being seen as an option to boot and instal 10.8.2 . As indicated I patched P8Z77 -V with latest firmware 1616. Am I missing something on the configuration of the Bios? "

Can you help me with that? What options do you have set on BIOS for USB at this stage?

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back