Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read the guide regarding "alternate DropTables".

Thank you Rehabman

I would be more than grateful if you could help me with these edits. I only have android platforms available so could you please make those edits you think are necessary in the config.plist from the clover archive I attached post #1560

DropTables->##DropTables
#DropTables->DropTables

config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true
together with config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate=true (or the individual CStates/PStates=true)

Much appreciated

If I'm not mistaken 7 was default in your guide, tried 5, both have the same result. VoodooHDA was installed after patching everything through your guide, seems rm -r didn't fully remove it from /s/l/e, or are you talking about /e/e?

You can clearly see VoodooHDA.kext in your kextcache output.

Hello RehabMan,

on my today fresh install 650 G1 Haswell HD4600 with 10.12.6 after wake up from Sleep i have BlackScreen.
Display Backlight work with Brightness Key up and down.

A external Display on DP has a picture but internal Display stay black.

IGPU graphics memory set to 64mb when i change to 32mb Screen flickering in macOS

Thank you for your great HotPatch instructions and all your effort.

Without you, many things would not be possible.

IGPU prealloc should be 64mb.
Also, read here regarding display override:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/

Here the Attached Files. Thanks

You forgot to press F2 and F4. Please read "Problem Reporting" carefully.

Thank you Rehabman

I would be more than grateful if you could help me with these edits. I only have android platforms available so could you please make those edits you think are necessary in the config.plist from the clover archive I attached post #1560

DropTables->##DropTables
#DropTables->DropTables

config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/DropOem=true
together with config.plist/ACPI/SSDT/Generate=true (or the individual CStates/PStates=true)

Much appreciated

I recommend making the edits in Xcode or PlistEdit Pro (on a Mac or working hack).

Hello Rehabman!

I've recently discovered AptioMemoryFix.efi, now available with the newest Clover builds. It gives my Skylake system native NVRam! I was able to remove OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and the Clover RC Scripts and still have fully native NVRam. So far, I haven't found anything negatively effected by this change.

LasVegas

Hello Rehabman!

I've recently discovered AptioMemoryFix.efi, now available with the newest Clover builds. It gives my Skylake system native NVRam! I was able to remove OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi, EmuVariableUefi-64.efi and the Clover RC Scripts and still have fully native NVRam. So far, I haven't found anything negatively effected by this change.

LasVegas

Yes, it is documented in the guide linked from post #1.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I recommend making the edits in Xcode or PlistEdit Pro (on a Mac or working hack).
Could you please do the edits you think are necessary Rehabman? Config.plist clover archive post#1560
I'm stuck with that partially installed yosemite wallpaper old clover bootloader and for the usb installer I drove to a neighbour city to find a store shelf with a mac. Don't know anybody around with a mac
I'll return the favour if there's something I can help you with

Thank you

Could you please do the edits you think are necessary Rehabman? Config.plist clover archive post#1560
I'm stuck with that partially installed yosemite wallpaper old clover bootloader and for the usb installer I drove to a neighbour city to find a store shelf with a mac. Don't know anybody around with a mac
I'll return the favour if there's something I can help you with

Thank you

You can do it with a text editor as well. Simple matter of changing DropTables to ##DropTables and #DropTables to DropTables.
It is not difficult and does not require assistance from others.
Everyone should be capable of fixing their own mistakes.

IGPU prealloc should be 64mb.
Also, read here regarding display override:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-problems-in-10-13-high-sierra.233582/
You forgot to press F2 and F4. Please read "Problem Reporting" carefully.

That applies to Sierra 10.11.6 and Haswell too?

Do you mean this?

Black screen (or glitchy screen) on wake with Kaby Lake and Skylake graphics

Looks to be an EDID issue. Requires display override with patched EDID.

Read here for solution:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-black-screen-after-upgrade-to-high-sierra.237050/

You can do it with a text editor as well. Simple matter of changing DropTables to ##DropTables and #DropTables to DropTables.
It is not difficult and does not require assistance from others.
Everyone should be capable of fixing their own mistakes.

Hi Rehabman

Great it works
Thanks a lot
Still with phase 2 of installation when I continue from the hard disk not usb it goes into a macOS Sierra logo window with continue button. After I click continue a small rectangle pops up reading "to download and restore macOS your computer eligibility will be verified with apple" how can I get past this since I don't want to check with apple

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back