Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not able to get my wifi card recognized in laptop #0 BCM94350ZAE

When I boot verbose sometimes I see a ton of messages scroll by that look like they might say BcmPatchRam or something similar.

I see this in /var/log/DiagnosticMessages/2017.03.19.asl not sure if it is related:
There are no drivers posted for Broadcom Corp BCM2045A0.
com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.printing.addprinter.nodriver
com.apple.message.domain_scope: com.apple.printing.addprinter.nodriver
com.apple.message.result: failure
com.apple.message.signature: Broadcom Corp BCM2045A0
SenderMachUUID: 090BD8B0-05A1-3848-861A-90579CC70F20

Run ./install_downloads.sh as per guide.

laptop #0 no wifi hardware

I noticed that the first post of problem reporting files, the ioreg didn't even list the wireless device but it shows up in this one.

If I can't get it to work I guess I will go back to the BCM943602BAED with 2 of the three antennas hooked up.

43a3 is supported natively (BCM94350ZAE). No need for 'fcvo' patch in config.plist for that one... (fcvo is for BCM943252, which is what most people use, hence why that patch is included by default).

But you may have issues getting BCM94350ZAE to work on 10.12... it is quite common and not recommended.

Last edited:
Should SSDT-IGPU.dsl look like this ?

No. The only change is to comment out the "hda-gfx" line.
You made a copy of that line, then commented it out (lines that are comments begin with '//')
Result is you still have hda-gfx in the list of properties...

Hi,

Here it goes.

Thanks !

Andrés

The only issues I see:
- google Chrome is hooking your USB ports (read related topic in FAQ)
- serial port is enabled (BIOS setting issue)

I don't see a graphics issue... you should check your BIOS settings... (especially those having to do with IGPU)
It could be a screen specific problem.

This ioreg indicates no external monitor connected.
Also, any problem report must contain all "Problem Reporting" files unless suggested otherwise.

I got it fixed. There was a physical problem with the DP port on the laptop. Debris had gotten into the connector. When you said an external monitor didn't show up in Ioreg, that made me think it might be a connection problem since the monitor was definitely connected. Thanks.

For future reference, what was missing from my "Problem Reporting" files or the way that I posted them? Did I need a separate text file for each output in terminal? Should I have zipped all of the files together into one big zip file (I read and re-read this and was unclear as to one big zip or not). It will help me avoid wasting your time and mine in the future if I need to post a problem. This is what I had included:

- Clover folder zipped with themes removed
- Ioreg output (checked to make sure it opened with ioreg) zipped
- Rehabman folder created with patchmatic
- Output from (copied to text file and zipped):
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda
ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml*
udo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Also, I could not press F4 in the Clover boot menu. I am using Clover v2.4k_r4035. The boot menu from this version is very different from the ones I have used in the past. The menus under options are different and I could not find any way of saving the Clover folder from the boot screen. I had to mount the EFI folder and copy the Clover folder in Finder. Is there a trick to it besides using F4 in the Clover boot screen?

Hi VoiletDragon,
All my attempts to update BIOS (currently F09) on a 4730s fails with the screen below...
I already asked for assistance in this thread (here, here and there), but I haven't received any response so far.
I thought maybe you could explain me how you managed to update?
Thank you.

View attachment 242906

How are you flashing the BIOS? Are you using Windows or the BIOS Flashing Utility in the BIOS?

For future reference, what was missing from my "Problem Reporting" files or the way that I posted them?

I prefer a single ZIP with everything, but I'm not sure what I saw as missing.
It could be you weren't completely done uploading everything when I looked at the post... another good reason to do it as one file.

Also, I could not press F4 in the Clover boot menu.

You should expect no feedback.

No. The only change is to comment out the "hda-gfx" line.
You made a copy of that line, then commented it out (lines that are comments begin with '//')
Result is you still have hda-gfx in the list of properties...
Guess now i have managed to... connected HDMI no crashing

Attachments

• SSDT-IGPU.aml
    1.9 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
How are you flashing the BIOS? Are you using Windows or the BIOS Flashing Utility in the BIOS?
I don't have windows installed so I use HPQFlash to create an USB flashdrive.
Flashdrive is OK, but all attempts fails.

I don't have windows installed so I use HPQFlash to create an USB flashdrive.
Flashdrive is OK, but all attempts fails.

From where are you downloading the BIOS update from? I updated the BIOS on my Probook in Windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back