Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, thanks! I waited for about five minutes then finally a grey screen appeard with a beach ball spinning constantly.. Even after ten minutes the beach ball was still spinning and the installation menu refused to appear.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext has no application to your hardware. Why is it in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other?

What version of OS X are you installing? From where did you download it? On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Your Clover revision (3577) is quite old.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext has no application to your hardware. Why is it in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other?

What version of OS X are you installing? From where did you download it? On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Your Clover revision (3577) is quite old.
I found the "3577" version to be the last one on source forge that can boot without caches. Anything newer have that option removed.

I downloaded Sierra from the App Store.
I have Yosemite installed on my SSD drive and it's the OS I'm using for almost two years now. I skipped the El Capitan upgrade.

Now I'm trying to install Sierra and I'm using another HDD for that. I prefer to experiment using another HDD (in case something fails) until I see that everything works fine. But I don't think it matters, regardless if I have the SSD or 7200rpm drive installed in the laptop, the USB should boot.

It worked a few days ago but now I don't know what happened suddenly. I just updated the BIOS to F61a. I'll try to remove the GenericUSBXHCI.kext.

Last edited:
I removed the GenericUSBXHCI.kext but didn't help, however upgrading clover to the latest version did the trick and the installation started! The only problem is that the latest clover doesn't have the "boot without cache" option that is needed later for rebuilding cache for audio. I'm wondering what clover version do you use and if you could upload it somewhere, I would be very grateful.

Last edited:
Otherwise, you have to wait until I have time to determine a new "generic" patch for 10.12.1.

It seems i have to wait for it.
How can i that i didn't muss your patch?

Thank you

I removed the GenericUSBXHCI.kext but didn't help, however upgrading clover to the latest version did the trick and the installation started! The only problem is that the latest clover doesn't have the "boot without cache" option that is needed later for rebuilding cache for audio. I'm wondering what clover version do you use and if you could upload it somewhere, I would be very grateful.

You will probably need to find a different way to work around the "without cache" issue. I build Clover from source, so I have many versions here...

It seems i have to wait for it.
How can i that i didn't muss your patch?

Thank you

This repo will be updated when I create the patch.

You will probably need to find a different way to work around the "without cache" issue. I build Clover from source, so I have many versions here...

I followed your guide again using the newest Clover and I have audio working without the need to rebuild caches or boot with "without caches" option. Should I leave it like that? or rebuilding cache is something that should be done regardless if audio is working or not?

I really appreciate your time. I was out for a long time because of my studies and lost track with OS X. Thank you for all your help.

Last edited:
Hey Guys!

My only question is, does the audio output work through the jack? I mean, I understand, that the "the external mic will not work", but if I connect headphones or speakers, will they work e.g. on a 4340S?

Thanks in advance :)

Hey Guys!

My only question is, does the audio output work through the jack? I mean, I understand, that the "the external mic will not work", but if I connect headphones or speakers, will they work e.g. on a 4340S?

Thanks in advance :)
It should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back