Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the hub at SS03/HS03 internal or external?

I don't know it's internal or external, can you guide me to determine this?

I've just test on Windows and facing the same issue. I'm assuming that it must something wrong with the mobo or the firmware, not the OS side :(. I have no idea how to fix it.

Thank you.

I don't know it's internal or external, can you guide me to determine this?

If you didn't plug an external hub into that port, it is internal.
Monitor ioreg to determine where it comes from.

I've just test on Windows and facing the same issue. I'm assuming that it must something wrong with the mobo or the firmware, not the OS side :(. I have no idea how to fix it.

I forgot what the issue was, but I guess no need to investigate further on the OS X side...

Rehabman I tried multiple "Traditional patches" that didn't work , could you mention something specific ?

You can use the traditional SMBIOS patch (patch to replace supported SMBIOS identifier with the one you're using).

It is covered in the toleda's guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.104850/

Otherwise, you have to wait until I have time to determine a new "generic" patch for 10.12.1.

For most people, the answer is to stick with 10.11.6.

Hi Rehabman!
I'm running latest built of macOS Sierra 10.12.1 on my HP ProbBook 4530,. Unable to connect the "git". How can I download the updated patches from you? Please guide.

Hi Rehabman!
I'm running latest built of macOS Sierra 10.12.1 on my HP ProbBook 4530,. Unable to connect the "git". How can I download the updated patches from you? Please guide.

Use an Ethernet cable. You can also collect the github contents on another computer (that does have Ethernet) then transfer with USB.

Has anyone installed Sierra on a HP EliteBook 820 G3? I'm having difficulty using Unibeast. When I boot with the USB drive, I see and select Clover install and then the Apple logo shows up while the progress bar is working. After it completes the progress bar, I just see a screen with a laptop and a mouse with it indicating the on/off switch either for a Mouse or WiFi. I don't know exactly what it is. Any help here? Thanks!

My system is i5-2.3Ghz, 16GB RAM with a 240GB SSD.

I just upgraded to the latest BIOS F61 and my USB doesn't boot anymore. I reset the BIOS settings and set them back again. I recreated the USB flash drive from scratch as described in the guide. The FakeSMC, Voodoo and Realtek kexts are located in the "others" folder as described in the guide. I removed the 10.11, etc.. folders. The boot hangs at the Apple logo. Since I use Sandy Bridge the tables were also dropped in config.plist.

Attachments

• IMG_4137.JPG
    IMG_4137.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 111
  • IMG_4142.JPG
    IMG_4142.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 138
Has anyone installed Sierra on a HP EliteBook 820 G3? I'm having difficulty using Unibeast. When I boot with the USB drive, I see and select Clover install and then the Apple logo shows up while the progress bar is working. After it completes the progress bar, I just see a screen with a laptop and a mouse with it indicating the on/off switch either for a Mouse or WiFi. I don't know exactly what it is. Any help here? Thanks!

My system is i5-2.3Ghz, 16GB RAM with a 240GB SSD.

This guide does not use Unibeast. Follow the guide as written.

I just upgraded to the latest BIOS F61 and my USB doesn't boot anymore. I reset the BIOS settings and set them back again. I recreated the USB flash drive from scratch as described in the guide. The FakeSMC, Voodoo and Realtek kexts are located in the "others" folder as described in the guide. I removed the 10.11, etc.. folders. The boot hangs at the Apple logo. Since I use Sandy Bridge the tables were also dropped in config.plist.

Looks like a normal boot. Be patient. Booting the installer from USB is not quick. And it will be longer due to the locale problem with your WiFi card (use search to find the solution to that).

If still not booting after waiting a while, attach EFI/Clover (as ZIP, without themes).

Looks like a normal boot. Be patient. Booting the installer from USB is not quick. And it will be longer due to the locale problem with your WiFi card (use search to find the solution to that).

If still not booting after waiting a while, attach EFI/Clover (as ZIP, without themes).
Ok, thanks! I waited for about five minutes then finally a grey screen appeard with a beach ball spinning constantly.. Even after ten minutes the beach ball was still spinning and the installation menu refused to appear.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back