Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like you forgot to run install_acpi.sh.

In any case, no idea without "Problem Reporting" files.

Yay, you're right, I forgot it. The dock ports are working now. Just a minor issue on 1 of my left side USB ports. It ran really slow without -uia_ignore_rmcf bootflag.

I attached the IOReg log with an USB plugged into this issue port, with -uia_ignore_rmcf bootflag.

Thank you soooo much :)

Attachments

• 840 G1 left-side USB 3.0 port.zip
    554.9 KB · Views: 77
Yay, you're right, I forgot it. The dock ports are working now. Just a minor issue on 1 of my left side USB ports. It ran really slow without -uia_ignore_rmcf bootflag.

I attached the IOReg log with an USB plugged into this issue port, with -uia_ignore_rmcf bootflag.

Thank you soooo much :)

Problem is you didn't test that port in the ioreg provided in post #3861.
SSDT-USB-8x0-G1.dsl updated.

Problem is you didn't test that port in the ioreg provided in post #3861.
SSDT-USB-8x0-G1.dsl updated.

It's my fault. USB 3.0 are all working perfectly now.

Thank you soooo much, RehabMan. You made my day, again :D

@RehabMan has the HP Probook 470G0 a Whitelist Bios ?

No direct support for 0a5c:219a. Try adding it to the Info.plist of BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext (you should be able to see the changes required by the examples already in there under IOKitPersonalities).

Note: The diffs in the BrcmPatchRAM project would look like this:
Report back on results.

Other comments:
- you did not implement power management (performance will be rather poor)

hi RehabMan sorry for the delay in getting back. Family stuff. i install the info in
BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext in L/E & bluetooth is now broadcasting and discoverable, it will connect to my bluetooth keyboard. but not my phone or mac (is that a bluetooth 3.0 thing?)

regarding power management my bad, being lazy and not checking terminal when you copy and paste (cd ~/Projects/probook.git
sudo ./mount_efi.sh /
cp ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.aml /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml
) and it said no such directory? had to be copied over manually.
I have attached problem report just in case.
thanks for all your help

Attachments

• Problem Report.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 77
hi RehabMan sorry for the delay in getting back. Family stuff. i install the info in
BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext in L/E & bluetooth is now broadcasting and discoverable, it will connect to my bluetooth keyboard. but not my phone or mac (is that a bluetooth 3.0 thing?)

iPhone is not intended to be paired. It uses BT4LE. Probably same with the Mac (never tried to pair a Mac myself).

regarding power management my bad, being lazy and not checking terminal when you copy and paste (cd ~/Projects/probook.git
sudo ./mount_efi.sh /
cp ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/ssdt.aml /Volumes/EFI/EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched/SSDT.aml
) and it said no such directory? had to be copied over manually.

I would have to see the transcript from Terminal.

I have attached problem report just in case.
thanks for all your help

Power management is fixed, but it appears you did the BrcmNonPatchRAM2 changes incorrectly.

Install correct version attached...

Attachments

• BrcmNonPatchRAM2.kext.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 84
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back