Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP ProBook/EliteBook/Zbook using Clover UEFI hotpatch (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probook 450G0 with 1920*1080 LCD and 4352HMB

No battery issue. Everything else works fine.

Do you have the latest BIOS installed? I will be glad to add yet another battery patch, but only if you have the latest BIOS available from HP and there still is the same problem.

Please check.

I don't know why you think that...

The ioreg clearly shows AppleBacklightInjector loaded. Note IOPersonalityPublisher=org.rehabman.injector.AppleBacklightInjector under PNLF.AppleIntelPanelA.

The reason for your problem is that RMCF.BLKT is zero. (look in ACPI/patched/SSDT-HACK.aml).

It must be set to 1 when using a AppleBacklight.kext+AppleBacklightInjector.kext. You will see it clearly described in the HELP.

damn!! I understood. I'm sorry, will correct right now, thank you!

Do you have the latest BIOS installed? I will be glad to add yet another battery patch, but only if you have the latest BIOS available from HP and there still is the same problem.

Please check.

I have F.61, latest as per HP website (re-checked now). Was updated lond time ago

I have F.61, latest as per HP website (re-checked now). Was updated lond time ago

Try latest config.plist checked in to the project.

eg...
Code:
cd ~/Projects/probook.git
git pull
make

Then update your config on EFI from the ./config folder.

Just follow the guide in post #1.

So it's ok to have a pbi ce modified dsdt and generated ssdt inside the clover folder left over from that install?

edit:

Ah... found the answer
For final EFI/Clover setup, the only files in ACPI/patched should be:
SSDT-BATT.aml
SSDT-FAN-MOD.aml
SSDT-HACK.aml
SSDT-IGPU-HIRES.aml
SSDT-KEY102.aml
SSDT-USB-4x30s.aml
SSDT.aml (from ssdtPRgen.sh)

The files you have, which don't belong:
DSDT_origin.dsl
DSDT.aml
DSDT.dsl
SSDT-1.aml

Also, the kext sin EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11 are wrong. You should have only:
FakeSMC.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext

So it's ok to have a pbi ce modified dsdt and generated ssdt inside the clover folder left over from that install?

No. You really need to read post #1.

Hint: Generated SSDT is fine. There should be no patched DSDT.

It is detailed in post #1, "To transition from PBI-CE based install". Please read it.

Try latest config.plist checked in to the project.

eg...
Code:
cd ~/Projects/probook.git
g[COLOR=#ff0000]i[/COLOR]t pull
make

Then update your config on EFI from the ./config folder.

Thank you. Now everything works. Great job! Thank a lot. New way is awesome.

edit:

Ah... found the answer

Note that your information is out-of-date with respect to the current project...

(there has been a bit of a refactoring of the SSDTs).

But the process of transitioning is clearly described in post #1.

Hi, I've just followed this guide for the transition from PBI-CE, and everything seems fine so far except for the audio.

I've tried the reboot without and rebuild cache steps and had no luck unfortunately. Maybe i did something wrong before but I'm not sure, I think i followed the guide properly...

Files attached, Thanks!

edit: sorry, for some reason i can't managed to upload my clover folder here... here's a link for that just in case. https://we.tl/mHMSCS9pIy

Attachments

• outputs.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 6570b.zip
    473.9 KB · Views: 74
  • RehabMan.zip
    59.1 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Hi, I've just followed this guide for the transition from PBI-CE, and everything seems fine so far except for the audio.

I've tried the reboot without and rebuild cache steps and had no luck unfortunately. Maybe i did something wrong before but I'm not sure, I think i followed the guide properly...

Files attached, Thanks!

edit: sorry, for some reason i can't managed to upload my clover folder here... here's a link for that just in case. https://we.tl/mHMSCS9pIy

A few kexts not recommended by the guide...
Code:
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDADisabler.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/SoundGrid.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

No expectation of AppleHDA audio with AppleHDADisabler.kext.

Not sure what is causing this error:
Code:
Can't record kext in identifier lookup dictionary; no identifier.

Depending on the number of issues you run into, you may need to fresh install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back