Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Envy Haswell series J/K/Q/N using Clover UEFI (10.11)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, RehabMan

I have a problem;
i have followed your installation guide and works fine except the boot.
I explain to you: the bios is locked and I can not access to the advanced options
can not set my hd to AHCI.
Therefore for boot i need the flash drive always.

You have a solution?
Thanks in advance

My laptop:
HP ENVY 15-j022el
cpu:intel 17-4700mq haswell 2.4ghz quad 8 threads
ram: 16gb ddr3
chipset: hm 87 express
gpu: hd 4600 2gb, nvidia gt740m 2 gb
audio: beats audio (IDT)

Hi, RehabMan

I have a problem;
i have followed your installation guide and works fine except the boot.
I explain to you: the bios is locked and I can not access to the advanced options
can not set my hd to AHCI.
Therefore for boot i need the flash drive always.

You have a solution?
Thanks in advance

My laptop:
HP ENVY 15-j022el
cpu:intel 17-4700mq haswell 2.4ghz quad 8 threads
ram: 16gb ddr3
chipset: hm 87 express
gpu: hd 4600 2gb, nvidia gt740m 2 gb
audio: beats audio (IDT)

The guide is already written to deal with SATA in RAID mode. Follow the guide carefully.

Is it possible to upgrade to Sierra with the App Store? I've just pulled all of the envy.git folder and installed it, so it's up to date. I've also updated Clover to the newest one, and replaced FakeSMC with one that should hopefully work.

Is it possible to upgrade to Sierra with the App Store? I've just pulled all of the envy.git folder and installed it, so it's up to date. I've also updated Clover to the newest one, and replaced FakeSMC with one that should hopefully work.

You might need to boot the installer with USB. Sometimes injecting full audio properties ("hda-gfx") can cause an issue when full AppleHDA patches are not present. Also, there will be some patches that need to be updated. Keep in mind there are several issues on 10.12 that are not solved.

Hi,

Is there a way to fix hibernate in el capitan? I managed to edit hibernatemode to 29, 21, 57, but nothing works, neither 3 or 25.
I can't find anything else on google.

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

Is there a way to fix hibernate in el capitan? I managed to edit hibernatemode to 29, 21, 57, but nothing works, neither 3 or 25.
I can't find anything else on google.

Thanks a lot.

I've never had any luck with hibernate. I didn't spend too much time on it though, as I really don't want my system writing that much data on each sleep to my SSD.

The guide is already written to deal with SATA in RAID mode. Follow the guide carefully.

Yes you're right I didn't follow your guide correctly, now it's ok.
I have one question: you think by using this kext can I get the GT740M video card to work?
These are the card's ID vendor , device and Device ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back