Contribute
Register

[Guide] HP Elite X2 1012 G1 - The ultimate OS X tablet? Pretty close....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure it's installed correctly.
I tried swapping the cables on the wifi card with the black/white 1/2 but no go.
It is seated correctly.
How would I know if it's the bios wifi whitelist blocking boot? I can't even get to the bios when the dell wifi card is installed

There isn't a whitelist on the Elite X2, every card I've tried has worked. That being said, if you acquired the system secondhand, it's possible the bios has been customized for/by the original customer. You might try reflashing the latest bios to be sure. In my opinion, however, it's behaving like there's a short. There should be a sticker on the bottom of the card that prevents it from contacting anything (although IIRC, there is clearance). If you bought the card from Ebay, realize that there are tons of counterfeit ones floating around -- some work just fine, and others don't. I bought one myself that had intermittent issues. The best and, ironically, cheapest place to get it is direct from Dell, but they don't have it on their site, you have to call them.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Basically you add USBInjectAll, then build an SSDT that enables the ports that you want to use, just leave out HS07 (that's the one that connects to the touchpad). There's an SSDT already built in the Sierra guide in the patched DSDT/SSDT zip that you can use. Delete HS07 out of it and you should be good to go (don't forget to install USBInjectAll)

Thank you for your great advice. I got SSDT-UIAC.dsl from your Sierra guide by iasl. I think I'm Okay so far!!!

Last edited:
Thank you for your great advice. I got SSDT-UIAC.dsl from your Sierra guide by iasl. I think I'm Okay so far!!!

I have finished my modifications. It works pretty fine. No crazy pointer jumping any more!

What I did were...
- XHC1 patching to config.plist
- SSTD-UIAC mod. from RehabMan's SSTD-UIAC-ALL.dsl
- USBInjectAll.kext installation.

Attached zip contains my fruits of effort based on your advice.

I hope this helps someone :)

Attachments

• disable _touchpad.zip
    22.7 KB · Views: 164
I have finished my modifications. It works pretty fine. No crazy pointer jumping any more!

What I did were...
- XHC1 patching to config.plist
- SSTD-UIAC mod. from RehabMan's SSTD-UIAC-ALL.dsl
- USBInjectAll.kext installation.

Attached zip contains my fruits of effort based on your advice.

I hope this helps someone :)

One more surprising I got through this mod.
I have already reported that HDMI works on my 'USB-C to HDMI/USB-3.0/PD' adapter.
Now, with applying these USB mods, I found USB-3.0 ports on the adapter works as well!

Many many thanks to USBInjectAll.kext!

Is there a particular place i can get this Dell DW1560?
I have tried Dell Canada and Dell USA but apparently they have no stock.
The one i purchased from Ebay does not seem to work.

Does anyone have a reliable source to get it from?

Thanks

There isn't a whitelist on the Elite X2, every card I've tried has worked. That being said, if you acquired the system secondhand, it's possible the bios has been customized for/by the original customer. You might try reflashing the latest bios to be sure. In my opinion, however, it's behaving like there's a short. There should be a sticker on the bottom of the card that prevents it from contacting anything (although IIRC, there is clearance). If you bought the card from Ebay, realize that there are tons of counterfeit ones floating around -- some work just fine, and others don't. I bought one myself that had intermittent issues. The best and, ironically, cheapest place to get it is direct from Dell, but they don't have it on their site, you have to call them.

Is there a particular place i can get this Dell DW1560?
I have tried Dell Canada and Dell USA but apparently they have no stock.
The one i purchased from Ebay does not seem to work.

Does anyone have a reliable source to get it from?

Thanks
If that's the case, then you'll probably just have to try another seller on ebay. I'd look for one that is selling the card as a laptop pull and from North America. I'm 2 for 3 myself on these so I feel your pain. You can also try the Lenovo version, but just be aware that you will have to physically notch the card to get it to fit in the Elite (I used a hacksaw blade).

I did use the Lenovo card as well. Look for FRU 04X6020 on eBay. There are tons for around $10. You would need to cut a notch, but that's easy with exacto knife or just a box cutter.

I'm not sure why i'm getting this problem. I'm able to install El Capitan on the ssd but when I try and boot to the new installation, the only boot option is the usb... please help!

lol, nevermind, I forgot to put the HFSPlus.efi on the usb... thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back