Contribute
Register

[Guide] How to patch DSDT for working battery status

How to patch DSDT for working battery status

Thanks a lot the ACPIBatteryManager.kext works right away after installing it with kext drop!!

And... either your DSDT didn't need patches or you have installed a rollback AppleACPIPlatform, and thus have broken power management... something you might want to check (that version of AppleACPIPlatform is what it is supposed to be for your version of OS X).

Great guide, RehabMan! This was my first time making my own DSDT, and after a few hours of fixing stuff, I finally have working battery stats! The only unusual thing is that it says "Service Battery" when I click on the battery icon, but other than that, it works great. I got lucky, it was all 16-bit values :headbang:. I'm using a Gateway ID49C07u, and I attached my resulting DSDT and patch. I couldn't upload my native DSDT because it apparently has errors that need to be patched right out of the box.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• Gateway ID49C07u.aml
    51.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Gateway ID49C07u Battery Patch.txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 106

Great guide, RehabMan! This was my first time making my own DSDT, and after a few hours of fixing stuff, I finally have working battery stats! The only unusual thing is that it says "Service Battery" when I click on the battery icon, but other than that, it works great. I got lucky, it was all 16-bit values :headbang:. I'm using a Gateway ID49C07u, and I attached my resulting DSDT and patch. I couldn't upload my native DSDT because it apparently has errors that need to be patched right out of the box.

Thanks again.

Just post the native .DSL.

Here it is. I had to zip it up because it was too big to post uncompressed.

Looks good. Thanks.. I'll add it to the repo.

Hi man. Can you patch my DSDT for battery life. Please!

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    16.6 KB · Views: 74

Hi man. Can you patch my DSDT for battery life. Please!

I'm not doing any more patches myself. Read post #1, work through the example there, then work on your own patches for your laptop.

I'm not doing any more patches myself. Read post #1, work through the example there, then work on your own patches for your laptop.

Hi Rehabman,

I am using your ACPIbatterymanager kext for my HP dv6 system so that it detects my battery. I was wondering, how do I use it to patch the kext in Clover? I would like to use the kernel and kext patch entries for it. Pretty much using it for everything else.

I can confirm that the patch for pavilion g6 2221ss also works for pavilion g6 2231tx.

Hi Rehabman,

I am using your ACPIbatterymanager kext for my HP dv6 system so that it detects my battery. I was wondering, how do I use it to patch the kext in Clover? I would like to use the kernel and kext patch entries for it. Pretty much using it for everything else.

There is no patching of any kexts when implementing battery status. Not in Chameleon/Chimera and not in Clover either. It is all DSDT patches + installation of ACPIBatteryManager.kext. See post #1.

- - - Updated - - -

I can confirm that the patch for pavilion g6 2221ss also works for pavilion g6 2231tx.

Thanks. I'll add it to the comments.

Back