Contribute
Register

Guide: Gigabyte X79-UP4, 3930k, GTX 690, OCZ Vertex

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just wondering if anyone has or will be updating to 10.9.1? I have updated through the app store without any major issue, I did loose audio though. To resolve the audio simply install only the audio drivers from MultiBeast.

Thanks a lot, I got the same problem! It happens always after small update!

Thank´s,
I have almost the same setup, installed by following these steps and it works, but I have a little probleme, i star and after 15 minutes i have freezes, just after 3 rebot is work perfectly all day, but if sleep when restart refreezes after 15 minutes. in 2 cases the GPU ( GTX 770) and CPU COLER ( Corsair Watercooling 120) starts with cooler in maximum speed, I updated the bios to F6A beta:
http://drivers.softpedia.com/downloadTag/GA-X79-UP4+(rev.+1.0)+BIOS+Update
Bios settings were all Optimized Default EXCEPT: memory XMP profile1, in auto does not recognize 1600mhz.
but did not solve the problem.

any suggestions?

ga x79 mp4
32GB RAM
Core i7
GTX 770 4GB

Thank´s,
I have almost the same setup, installed by following these steps and it works, but I have a little probleme, i star and after 15 minutes i have freezes, just after 3 rebot is work perfectly all day, but if sleep when restart refreezes after 15 minutes. in 2 cases the GPU ( GTX 770) and CPU COLER ( Corsair Watercooling 120) starts with cooler in maximum speed, I updated the bios to F6A beta:
http://drivers.softpedia.com/downloadTag/GA-X79-UP4+(rev.+1.0)+BIOS+Update
Bios settings were all Optimized Default EXCEPT: memory XMP profile1, in auto does not recognize 1600mhz.
but did not solve the problem.

any suggestions?

ga x79 mp4
32GB RAM
Core i7
GTX 770 4GB

Currently I'm using the original F2 Bios which I downgraded to for other reasons and it's worked perfectly. I haven't had my system freeze at all. Try running the disk utility to repair permissions and when you boot, use the -f flag once. You can also try the F2 bios (my ram all runs at 2133 just fine but that's the speed my ram is made for) and if you are still having trouble, post your org.chameleon.Boot.plist

FYI - download your BIOS from tweak town http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html

thanks,
I will downgrade the bios f2, There are many echoes That f4 was very problematic
I'll try and come back.

how to downgrade f2? in q_flash is not possible, indicates: warning, the current bios is outdated...

mine works perfectly all day without freezing, they only happen if I let sleep after starting starts to freeze, but if you restart back to normal and everything works perfectly.
I made several hackintoch with mbo asus and never had problems even with mavericks, I think the problem comes from mbo bios or my Boot plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>GUI</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
</dict>
</plist>

my mbo is GA X79 MP4, I read the bios version f4 has many problems, but I can not downgrade to f2, if someone has a tip?

mine works perfectly all day without freezing, they only happen if I let sleep after starting starts to freeze, but if you restart back to normal and everything works perfectly.
I made several hackintoch with mbo asus and never had problems even with mavericks, I think the problem comes from mbo bios or my Boot plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>GUI</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
</dict>
</plist>

my mbo is GA X79 MP4, I read the bios version f4 has many problems, but I can not downgrade to f2, if someone has a tip?

Sorry for the delayed response. Do you have Windows installed still? Here's a special @bios that I received from Gigabyte support http://ggts.gigabyte.com.tw/FileList/1407455/atbios.zip

Use this @bios in Windows as well as the bios from tweaktown to downgrade to F2. Everything has been rock solid since I downgraded and my 4.4 GHz fixed over clock works flawlessly in Windows and OSX.

The problem was the graphics card.

upgrade to f2 not work for me because my garphics card is the gtx 770 4gb, f2 is not Compactivel to 700 serie or 4gb.
the first 2 times to star the graphic freezes, at the third works perfectly throughout the day...

I tested with windows is the same thing,

or is a hardware incompatibility or my graphics is damaged, seems to have to heat and only then it works well.

I'll try with a gtx 770 2gb,may solve the problem, and not so much difference.

thanks for the tips

SOLVED:thumbup:

GTX 770 4GB and GTX 770 2GB works perfectly with mavericks,
I had a cable from the cpu coller placed in the wrong place, there was my problem.
solved,
I tested the two graphics and I chose the GTX 770 2gb
(EVGA Nvidia GeForceGTX 770 Superclocked 2GB)to have better performances compared with GTX 770 4GB (Gainward PCX GTX770 Phantom 4GB),a minimum difference.
the graphics is recognized by the osx, no need to instal a web driver.
you must install cuda driver:http://www.nvidia.com/object/mac-driver-archive.html
and works perfect even with sleep and restar. not overclock.

Attachments

• teste.jpg
    teste.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 237
  • Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 23.42.23.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 23.42.23.png
    119.6 KB · Views: 191
  • Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 23.38.00.png
    Screen Shot 2014-02-11 at 23.38.00.png
    168.2 KB · Views: 220
Hello, folks, I'm having a bit of trouble with a similar install, thought I'd see if anyone has any ideas.

My system is:
Gigabyte X79-UP4, firmware F4
8x4GB 2133mhz G.Skill Ripjawz
EVGA Superclocked GTX 570

Loading Unibeast 3.0.1 from 16GB sandisk cruzer or 64GB Sandisk SSD (just to rule out the thumb drive)

From Chimera, I've tried quite a few boot flags, basically all combinations of:
-v -x cpus=1 USBBusFix=YES npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0
also npci=1000,2000,4000, etc.

Right now I'm getting through quite a few pages of "Read HFS+ file" before the screen goes blank and the computer restarts.

Yesterday (before I started writing down all my combinations of boot flags, I should have known better) I was getting to a grey apple screen before the computer hung there indefinitely. The only thing that was different was today I reset my bios to "Optimized Defaults" - before I had some W8 features selected as well as a XMP Profile 1 because without it, my 2133 memory reads as 1600.

I think the only really unusual bit about my system is that my graphics card is in slot 3 (the OTHER 16x slot) because my big but quiet noctua cooler doesn't allow access to the first slot. And yes, I feel dumb about that purchase.

What would you try next? any other boot flags?

I ran an hackintoshed i7 920 on an ex58-ud5 based on wolfienuke's instructions for three years, and loved it, hoping to get the feeling back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back