Contribute
Register

Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean ML/Lion Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Guide: GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 with ATI 6870 - Clean Lion Install

Will this guide work with the GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 mobo?? I know it is differnet but it is only SLIGHTLY different......

And what is the advantage to using this guide vs just using unibeast? And if I just use unibeast will this multibeast setup work for me? I am using the same gfx card btw

buttord said:
Gordo74,

I tried to follow your post to install Lion on my GA-z68X-UD3H-B3 with an nVidia GTS 250. When boot with rboot and select my USB drive that I created with Unibeast, it starts to boot OS X only to flicker and give me a black screen shortly into the process.

I have been able to install Snow Leopard, but once I try to update with 10.6.8 combo, I get a blank screen. I don't know if these issues are related or not.

Do you have any suggestions?

Buttord

Try not to use rboot. You really don't need it anymore. I think this guide was created before Unibeast was supported for Lion. If you followed these instructions for Unibeast:

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html

You should be able to boot off of your USB drive that contains Lion's installer on it.

If you already followed those steps, then give it a try. But I personally didn't use rboot. I did create a bootable CD, but again, I never used it.

JGW310 said:
Will this guide work with the GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 mobo?? I know it is differnet but it is only SLIGHTLY different......

And what is the advantage to using this guide vs just using unibeast? And if I just use unibeast will this multibeast setup work for me? I am using the same gfx card btw

I didn't have a problem. See my response above this quote. I had not problem with multibeast. The only issue I have is related to my hard drive being a 4kb sector hard drive. This issue has been documented in depth here and has nothing to do with multibeast or unibeast and everything to do with Chimera.

As for what to check off in multibeast, I don't have your motherboard, I have the one in this thread and I checked everything, plus the newly added USB 3.0 driver.

I have the same motherboard, ram and processor, but I only have one HDD of 1TB, I have one 700GB partition for Windows 7, one 100 GB partition for windows 8, and one of 100 GB free, I want to install mac there, but I dont know If I have to erase all the HDD. Or what I have to do to make it work without lost win 7 & 8...

(maybe I will install snow leopard first... I think is the same thing of the HDD for both...)

kryoz said:
Need a little help here.
I've got GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, sandy 2600k, ATI 6870, Crucial M4 64Gb SSD + 500Gb Hitachi HDD, 2x 4Gb Corsair XMS3 1600.
Tried to use iBoot + Lion 1.7. The problem occurs after starting installation almost on the first second. Either it hangs with Apple logo, or reboots. The second happens after changing native mode settings @SATAports 0-3 in BIOS. Tried to use -x and PCIRootUID=1 - nothing changed. Tried to view info with -v parameter but can't read , too quickly goes to reboot. Also I tried to use only one SSD/HDD and one memory module.

So what am I doing wrong? Is neccessary to use rBoot? I have only Windows7/Ubuntu OS btw.

Hi

Try setting graphics enabler to no instead of yes... i see you have a 6870 board... this seems to be a problem with some... if it works... get back to be and i will walk you thru a few things to try to reset graphics enabler back to yes.

Cheers Bruce

A high gain bluetooth adapter would be super duper the closest thing I could find was this http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=76&t=31027

Wake on lan would be great if only sleep worked properly. Oh and finding these parts seems to be as easy as finding a needle in a hay stack. At least for the bluetooth module. Anyone know directlinks to be able to purchase these devices. Why cant anyone just make these, shoot I would buy one. Anytime I hook up a usb dongle I cannot sleep the pc just keeps waking up w/o me doing anything. Also when I goto bluetooth preferences wake using bluetooth device is grayed out. Why isnt there a simple solution to this? I also have artifacts randomly showing up when I use my hack. This appears to be a software issue maybe the next update will fix it?

My rig is stock. Im using hdmi w audio that is builtin to the motherboard audio and video both pass flawlessly besides the random video artifacts. My os resides on a internal sata. The only thing I have outside of stock is a pcie highpoint rocketraid2302 with a 4tb raid10 enclosure formatted as ntfs using esata. Help pefect my z68-ud3h-b3! Its so close I know it. I installed using a retail disc multiple times all with the same results or using my recovery partition as Posted earler in this thread. I have removed everything but no help dvd, pcie cards, dongles, usb devices, etc etc etc. why cant someone edit the bluetooth kext so we can use generic dongles. Why does apple make this so difficult. We just want the os I mean really what a joke lets design an os that doesnt support 99% of bluetooth dongles friggin proprietary os. No wonder why pc's spanked apple for so long.

I dont know how anyone could consider a hackintosh complete w/o wake on lan or bluetooth resume by keyboard or mouse. Anyone have success with wol and bluetooth resume by keyboard or mouse I would love to know your dongle or setup because I just cant find one anywhere that does sleep wake and wake via kayboard or mouse.

just did it last night. Directly from TonyMac's Custobuild. Clean Lion Install via unibeast.

i7-2600k
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
Gigabyte ATI HD 6870 -
Corsair Carbide Series 400R
16GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
Corsair 650watt
1TB WD Black Caviar

Bios: F10
changed settings to ACHI, HPET to 64-bit
user DSDT via multibeast, settings just like Gordo

everything works out of box, except when computer sleeps... keyboard doesn't work -- needs replugging or swift kick.

cneo said:
everything works out of box, except when computer sleeps... keyboard doesn't work -- needs replugging or swift kick.
Same here, if you find a solution - please let us know.

XLR said:
cneo said:
Same here, if you find a solution - please let us know.

Some people report that using the Realtek network driver instead of Lnx2mac solves this USB sleep issue. Is the realtek driver that bad compared to Lnx2mac on the rest ?

I'm using the latest Lnx2Mac driver, the Realtek one installs as a plugin into IONetworkingFamily.kext and tends to get deleted during system updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back