Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using a standard Acer LED monitor. It has a DVI and an HDMI port. The D3H-B3 board has an HDMI port, DVI, and VGA port. But I am using the GTX 480 as my video because the i5 2550K has video disabled.

Using a standard Acer LED monitor. It has a DVI and an HDMI port. The D3H-B3 board has an HDMI port, DVI, and VGA port. But I am using the GTX 480 as my video because the i5 2550K has video disabled.

Weird... When I updated my z68ma to uefi, after success uefi update I booted and no image at all. Found that was Apple cinema display that didnt work... But your Acer should work...

I would try connect display to dvi motherboard... Default settings should be loaded after update, so it should work..

Weird... When I updated my z68ma to uefi, after success uefi update I booted and no image at all. Found that was Apple cinema display that didnt work... But your Acer should work...

That's why I don't understand why this isn't working. I've read the first 15 pages of this thread and everyone seems to have used a 2500k or a 2600k with the HD3000 built in. I am wondering if it is because I'm running on a separate GPU instead of the one that comes with the Sandy Bridge chips.

Okay guys as promised, after a lot of fiddling with the new DSDT layout, I've got HDMI audio & 889 audio working with the attached DSDT. Please removed any non DSDT HDA enablers. This DSDT has minimal edits and only adds HDEF & HDMI audio. Let me know if it works for you!

EDIT
Sorry guys, the one I uploaded had the wrong pin layout, this is the correct one (GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3-U1B-HDMI-HDEF.aml.zip - See attached) and should enable HDMI audio in the pref pane. I didn't realize this till I hooked it up on an HDMI receiver.

Does the internal input/output and the digital output work after enabling HDMI audio?

Thanks a lot!

Has anyone done this install using an PCIe GPU? Or did everyone install ML using their built in HD4000?

Has anyone done this install using an PCIe GPU? Or did everyone install ML using their built in HD4000?

I have done the installation of ML using an nvidia 8800gts, because my cpu has no compatible gpu build in.

That's so weird! I removed the battery and kept the computer from power for a day. I then cleared the cmos. I booted it up, and UEFI Bios FINALLY came up. I put my USB stick in, and it boots to chameleon. I select USB but verbose. It goes through the whole process of lines, then when it appears to load, the screen goes black. However, the machine is still running and the USB stick flashes for some time, then it stays steady. When I hit enter on the keyboard, the USB stick flashes and then remains steady. But throughout this whole time, my monitor displays nothing. That's why I wonder if it has to be an HD4000 igfx that has to be used to do this.

Has anyone got the Message app to work with UEFI bios? i can´t seem to login. Icloud and appstore works.

That's so weird! I removed the battery and kept the computer from power for a day. I then cleared the cmos. I booted it up, and UEFI Bios FINALLY came up. I put my USB stick in, and it boots to chameleon. I select USB but verbose. It goes through the whole process of lines, then when it appears to load, the screen goes black. However, the machine is still running and the USB stick flashes for some time, then it stays steady. When I hit enter on the keyboard, the USB stick flashes and then remains steady. But throughout this whole time, my monitor displays nothing. That's why I wonder if it has to be an HD4000 igfx that has to be used to do this.

Did you try to boot with -x -v ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back