Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys,

i'm having a problem with my mountain lion everytime i'm putting it to sleep. it's not waking up. i have to do a hard reset everytime it sleeps. any fix for this problem? thanks :)

Hi I just followed everything you did her everything is working but is not showing HD3000 and i have to boot with GE=No because it doesn't want to show my desktop the screen just turns blank like there was no video input. Im using HDMI and I installed MountainLion with HDMI too because I dont have DVI. Can you help me get HD3000? Please and Thank You.

hey guys,

i'm having a problem with my mountain lion everytime i'm putting it to sleep. it's not waking up. i have to do a hard reset everytime it sleeps. any fix for this problem? thanks :)

Are you using your HD6850? If so, I would recommend testing sleep without it installed and using the HD3000 instead. If that works then the problem must stem from the discrete graphics.

Also, what are you using to wake? i.e.: a wired keyboard, bluetooth mouse etc.

Hi I just followed everything you did her everything is working but is not showing HD3000 and i have to boot with GE=No because it doesn't want to show my desktop the screen just turns blank like there was no video input. Im using HDMI and I installed MountainLion with HDMI too because I dont have DVI. Can you help me get HD3000? Please and Thank You.

Hi, if you use GE=No then the driver for the HD3000 is not installed. With GE=On is enabled and when OSX boots initially, with this mobo (in my experience) it requires the monitor to be connected to the DVI port.

If you have a DVI>HDMI adapter you should just use that as HDMI and DVI are compatible in terms of video functionality. Unless you require HDMI audio, then you will need to switch the desktop to the HDMI display; one way of doing that would be to boot with 2 monitors connected (HDMI & DVI) and when at the desktop, in the Arrangement section of Displays in System Preferences drag the menu bar in the graphic to the representative desktop of the HDMI connected display, then disconnect the DVI monitor.

Hi all, I'm making a new buid here and facing several issues too, but finally could install UEFI bios using a backpanel usb port and changing one RAM stick. the original build was for an Ivy bridge 3770k, but never got it to boot...so I had to exchange with a friend with a 2600k sandy bridge, so now components are:
CPU: sandy bridge 2600k
Motherboard: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 with UEFI BIOS
RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Vengeance Blue
SSD:Crucial M4 128Gb
HDD: Werten Digital SATA II 750Gb
CD/DVD: Plextor PX-L890SA-26 24X SATA
Case: Lian-Li PC-V600FA Silver with original apple stikers :)
PSU: OCZ 600w modular
Video: MSI GT430 (OC two fans)
WiFi: Apple 4322 mini Pcie card with adapter
and Logitech Unifying dongle with anywhere MX mouse and 750 Mac Solar Keyboard (not tested yet)
Bluetooth dongle + Apple Magic Trackpad (not teste yet)
Software: Mountain Lion OSX, unibeast 1.5.2 and Multibeast 5.0.2

I hope to keep progressing :)
Tks

Hi,

I don't have the same video card as yours - Mine is Saphire HD-6870. However, yours system board and CPU are the same as mine. What I gathered so far by reading guides on TonyMac that it's easier to install ML using the integrated display (HD3000) for the GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 with UEFI BIOS board and then add graphic card later after install successfully. In my opintion, the steps would be:

1. Take out the GT430 card.

2. Enable the integrated card (HD3000) in bios.

3. Use the guide from memmerson to install ML using unibeast

4. Boot unibeast , choose newly installed ML partition and install multibeast.

5. Shutdown computer. Insert GT430 card into system.

6. Start system and boot directly into ML.

7. Use the following thread as guide to get your system plays nice with GT430

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...0-white-screen-when-booting-installation.html

8. For overclocking this board, look at post #155 (page 16) of this thread by memmerson (GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI's ML Hacker GURU :) ) for his instruction on how to overclock your system to 4.2 GHZ .

You can also find lots of info and solutions that can be very useful for your setup in this thread.

Good luck !!!!

What I gathered so far by reading guides on TonyMac that it's easier to install ML using the integrated display (HD3000) for the GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 with UEFI BIOS board.

I strongly second this, removing the discrete graphics eliminates the myriad of problems it can pose to the installation process.

Adding the card back in post-installation is simple enough and often requires little or no further changes to the config.

I strongly second this, removing the discrete graphics eliminates the myriad of problems it can pose to the installation process.

Adding the card back in post-installation is simple enough and often requires little or no further changes to the config.

Hi, the problem is that I have VGA only here (I'm making this build at the office ;) ) and HD3000/4000 are VGAless, thats why I went with the GT430 that work ok from VGA in lion, and with the freeze issues in mountain lion...so...anyway if I install lion, with very basic multibeast dsdt free and then mountain lion it works...and If I intall mountain lion in clean install got the infinite loop (unibeast installer goes perfect). Maybe I should try putting fakesmc.kext in s/l/e and booting -f -v...or put it on installer and see what happens.
For now I'm ok with my lion/mountain lion installation and working on other issues and tunning up the build.
About BIOS OC I cannot change the CPU ratio...always x34 for me. Is there anything that I have to do to change it?
Big Tks

Hi, the problem is that I have VGA only here (I'm making this build at the office ;) ) and HD3000/4000 are VGAless, thats why I went with the GT430 that work ok from VGA in lion, and with the freeze issues in mountain lion...so...anyway if I install lion, with very basic multibeast dsdt free and then mountain lion it works...and If I intall mountain lion in clean install got the infinite loop (unibeast installer goes perfect). Maybe I should try putting fakesmc.kext in s/l/e and booting -f -v...or put it on installer and see what happens.
For now I'm ok with my lion/mountain lion installation and working on other issues and tunning up the build.
About BIOS OC I cannot change the CPU ratio...always x34 for me. Is there anything that I have to do to change it?
Big Tks

Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that OSX doesn't support VGA starting from Lion. Also my GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 (rev 1.3) has VGA, DVI and HDMI. I'm using VGA connected to the HD-3000 (integrated) and DVI connected to the HD-6870 card currently to be able to see and switch boot between ML and Windows (work-around !!!) and to get "Air Play" enabled

Cheers !!!

Big Tks

Hi, apologies, I wasn't clear. My comment wasn't aimed at you in particular, it was a general recommendation to anyone listening. I will actually add that advice to the top post as quite a few people attempt the install with discrete gfx installed with mixed results.

EDIT: Check the first post for a link to the method I use to overclock.

Hi, overclocking does work but not quite as as before.

Previously, for a 4.7ghz overclock, I could just change the multiplier to 47x and nudge up the vcore by 0.04v, which had worked perfectly with the legacy BIOS.

But now that doesn't work, instead you can use the Overclocked Core i5/i7 SSDT for a maximum 4.2ghz overclock. You also need to specify the clocks individually for the Turbo-modes, for example, my overclock is now:

4 cores: 39x
3 cores: 40x
2 cores: 41x
1 core: 42x

I understand that you can modify the SSDT to permit better overclocks and I might get round to it myself at some point, but for now I'm in no rush.

Thanks, I tried your settings on my i5 2500K which is 3.3 GHz the pc wouldn't boot. I tried overclocking to 37GHz and

4 cores: 41x
3 cores: 40x
2 cores: 39x
1 core: 38x

Worked OK?

I don't understand how this all works to complicated for me :( anyway I have a GB score 10890 which is about 10% gain.

BTW the USB3.0 is working great on all my USB3.0 devices, I have an external USB3.0 drive and USB3.0 SD Card Reader.

Thanks Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back