Contribute
Register

GUIDE: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 UEFI BIOS - ALL WORKING, DSDT not required!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay guys as promised, after a lot of fiddling with the new DSDT layout, I've got HDMI audio & 889 audio working with the attached DSDT. Please removed any non DSDT HDA enablers. This DSDT has minimal edits and only adds HDEF & HDMI audio. Let me know if it works for you!

EDIT
Sorry guys, the one I uploaded had the wrong pin layout, this is the correct one (GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3-U1B-HDMI-HDEF.aml.zip - See attached) and should enable HDMI audio in the pref pane. I didn't realize this till I hooked it up on an HDMI receiver.

Should have quoted...

Regarding HDMI audio out, I am using the Mountain Lion Multibeast, took your DSDT.aml, placed it on the desktop, and ran Multibeast with other options checked, such as network, USB etc..

Indeed, the HDMI output does show up in system info, but System Preferences->Sound does not provide an HDMI selection, and I don't get sound from HDMI. What else has to be done??

Tonight I worked on a fresh install of 10.8 on this board.

To start my system specs:

Z68MA-D2H-B3 with UEFI Bios
i5-2500K
Intel 3000 HD Graphics
Corsair 4 x 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
2TB HD
Asus USB-N13 wireless adapter
Apple wired keyboard
Logitech G5 mouse
Geekbench score in 32 bit = 9008

I updated the Bios from F9 to the UEFI with the instructions provided earlier in the thread without problem.

I installed Mountain Lion with a UniBeast 1.5.3 prepared USB without problem.

I am not using a DSDT.

MultiBeast 5.0.1 I selected:

User DSDT or DSDT Free
Audio - Realtek ALC8xx - without DSDT - ALC889
Disc - Trim Enabler (I plan to add SSD in future)
Misc - FakeSMC
Misc - FakeSMC Plugins - Motherboard Plugins & HWMonitor Application
Network - Realtek Gigabyte Ethernet 2.0.6 for 10.7
System - Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement for OS X 10.8.0
Bootloaders - Chimera V1.11.1 r1394
Customization - System Def - Mac Mini
Customization - Themes - Tonymacx86
Customization - SSDT Options - Sandy Bridge Core i5

When that was completed and restarted I did the boot0 Error fix to address using the 2TB drive.

Once I did the boot0 fix upon restart my screen resolution screws up. It is probably 1024x768 or similar and just showing the top left corner of the desktop. I am able to correct it by going into System Preferences - Displays - Scaled then toggle between 720p and 1080p. When I toggle back to 1080p my screen resolution corrects for my monitor (SyncMaster P2370). This occurs both on the DVI and HDMI connectors. I also can correct by unplugging the HDMI cable from the motherboard and then plugging back in. I have restarted the machine many times and always need to adjust the display resolution.

I haven't done a pile of testing to see what all is working but sound is working on the "Built-in" output and plugged into the green connector on the back. For network I use a wireless USB dongle so I don't know if ethernet works. Sleep seems to work.

In About This Mac the system shows up as:

Mac mini - Mid 2011
Processor 3.31 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (I am using 1600 MHz RAM)
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
Software OS X 10.8

The resolution problem isn't specific to the new MultiBeast because I had experienced this problem while trying to get this system going over the weekend before I found this specific board thread.

Questions:

1. Any suggestions on what I need to do to correct the problem with the resolution?
2. Unrelated to the resolution problem - any other items I should select in MultiBeast or shouldn't have selected?

Hello,

I successfully installed your guide but I've got a big problem.
When I run a Geekbench test, my results are only 4k. they used to be 11-12k on 10.7.4.
I used the SSDT.aml from Multibeast 5.0.2, my SMBIOS and org.boot.plist from my Lion installation which used to work great before the upgrade to UEFI
Another thing that bothers me is the sleep mode, I can only wake up by the mouse, in Lion I could wake with the keyboard too.

Do you have any solutions to my problems?

Thanks !!

Hello,

When I run a Geekbench test, my results are only 4k. they used to be 11-12k on 10.7.4.
I used the SSDT.aml from Multibeast 5.0.2, my SMBIOS and org.boot.plist from my Lion installation which used to work great before the upgrade to UEFI
Another thing that bothers me is the sleep mode, I can only wake up by the mouse, in Lion I could wake with the keyboard too.

Thanks !!

Hi,

No solutions from me I'm afraid. My geekbench results are unchanged since the update, about 12.5K (with 4.2ghz OC)... And also, my sleep/wake works from keyboard...

I know that doesn't help but at least suggests your problems may be fixable...

I have re-run Multibeast 5 over my install and can confirm that my system is still working! :)

In fact, dare I say that my USB3 also appears to be working!? Certainly a USB3 stick I have is now working properly on the USB3 port and I can achieve transfer speeds of 90MBps (720mbps).

I will shortly update the top post with new screen grabs to illustrate the minor differences in the Multibeast configuration options.

It would be useful if others with USB3 devices could post details of their levels of success with the new USB3 driver.

I have re-run Multibeast 5 over my install and can confirm that my system is still working! :)

In fact, dare I say that my USB3 also appears to be working!? Certainly a USB3 stick I have is now working properly on the USB3 port and I can achieve transfer speeds of 90MBps (720mbps).

I will shortly update the top post with new screen grabs to illustrate the minor differences in the Multibeast configuration options.

It would be useful if others with USB3 devices could post details of their levels of success with the new USB3 driver.

That's great your usb3 ports are working, that's as the only this stopping me upgrading to ML, can you tell me what options you picked in Multibeast 5 ?

That's Greg your usb3 ports are working, that's as the only this stopping me upgrading to ML, can you tell me what options you picked in Multibeast 5 ?

I have literally just updated the top post to cover the changes :)

Hello,

Thanks !!

I don't have wake up problem, I can wake up the computer by
(1) USB Keyboard
(2) USB Mouse
(3) Bluetooth Keyboard
(4) Bluetooth Mouse

I have literally just updated the top post to cover the changes :)

the USB 3.0 Port is still not prefect, if a USB 3.0 drive is connected to the USB 3.0 port, after wake up from sleep mode

will have this warning message, followed by forced eject the drive

Screen Shot 2012-08-14 at 7.45.23 PM.png

do not have the same warning in USB 2.0 Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back