Contribute
Register

[Guide] GA-X58A-UD3R (2.0) BIOS FH - i7 930 - Apple OEM HD5770

Status
Not open for further replies.
BIOS version FH
Board Version 2.
I have not been able to run multibeast yet. I had originally put multibeast in the root of the flash drive, but then I moved it to a directory I created called "post install" as per someone else's posting. Was that wrong? Is multibeast expected to be in the root? There is also a DSDT-GA-x58A-UD3R-2.0-F.aml file in the post install directory.

BIOS version FH
Board Version 2.
I have not been able to run multibeast yet. I had originally put multibeast in the root of the flash drive, but then I moved it to a directory I created called "post install" as per someone else's posting. Was that wrong? Is multibeast expected to be in the root? There is also a DSDT-GA-x58A-UD3R-2.0-F.aml file in the post install directory.

To confirm: you are able to boot into Unibeast USB successfully to install mavericks?

At what step are you able to complete before you run into trouble on tonymac's install guide (refer to link below)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

I just want to make sure we are on the same step to resolving the issue.

---------------------

I move the DSDT File and Multibeast to the desktop not inside a folder.

Under QuickStart in multibeast you will need to select UserDSDT and then link your DSDT file.

-Matt

In step 5 #4 I have to provide some switches - you can see the ones I tried. Have not gotten past this, so I have not been able to do #5 - Complete Mac OS X Mavericks setup.

Sorry for dumb question. Have you enabled AHCI in BIOS? Because Still waiting for root device appears like you haven't.

In step 5 #4 I have to provide some switches - you can see the ones I tried. Have not gotten past this, so I have not been able to do #5 - Complete Mac OS X Mavericks setup.

Ok so you booted from USB-HDD (not your hard drive) and then selected the hard drive that you installed mavericks on ?

Correct. Then I tried to specify various flags and took photos of the results, which I posted earlier.

Correct. Then I tried to specify various flags and took photos of the results, which I posted earlier.

What is connected to you system both inside and out? (Even of it seems benign)

Have you installed any previous versions of Mac OS on this system?

-Matt

This is a new 2TB IDE drive. All other drives have been disconnected.

There is a USB mouse and a PS/2 keyboard.

All other USB devices have been disconnected. Should I disconnect Ethernet too?

Only one monitor is attached to the video card.

12GB RAM.

2 DVD drives.

This is a new 2TB IDE drive. All other drives have been disconnected.

There is a USB mouse and a PS/2 keyboard.

All other USB devices have been disconnected. Should I disconnect Ethernet too?

Only one monitor is attached to the video card.

12GB RAM.

2 DVD drives.

Do you have a USB keyboard? Disconnect the ps/2 keyboard. I had a hangup when I used the ps/2 device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back