Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
@imhvnsnt Have you installed Ethernet kext ? It looks like that : http://d.pr/1KpD

@tomlch-hong Try to upgrade your BIOS to F0A, it should be better.

Thank you! Ethernet is working.

I'm also on the same BIOS version as tomlch-hong and encountering the same issue. I upgraded the BIOS to F0A and have a couple of questions:

1. Should I run the ProBook Installer again and get the DSDT for F0A?
2. I noticed that there's an even newer version (F20). Are there any pros/cons to using that instead?

Thank you again!

1. Yes

2.Pros, I do not know / Cons, Cannot downgrade

I currently have F09 bios installed but only have OSX on my system. Is there any way to update the bios to F0A without using windows?

xamr1 said:
I currently have F09 bios installed but only have OSX on my system. Is there any way to update the bios to F0A without using windows?

I believe so, but it's more complicated. You can go to the HP.com support page for your computer. Look for their bios support information. There is a program that you install onto a flash drive. You might need a Windows computer to do that install, not sure if you can just copy it over. You also download the new bios to that drive. Then you have to boot with the flash drive in the USB port. When you boot, you have to hold down certain keys. With my laptop, I think it was the Windows key + the B key at the same time. When you do that, it boots from the flash drive and installs the new bios.

Another way you might be able to do it would be to start your laptop with a Windows start disk (like Bart's PE) and then run the bios install program. It's always a good idea to have a Windows startup disk anyway, so I would google it and make one if I were you.

Good luck.

Hi everyone, i want to buy a pro book 4530s, but it had a lot of configuration, which configuration should i go for. Thanks a lot for helping me out.

Hey guys, I know I haven't been in here much lately, i've been feeding my addiction with call of duty lol.
So what's the current state on graphics glitches on 10.7.3 if you have the dual card?
Has it been solved yet or still in the process?
I usually use 10.6.8 as my main os because of the glitches and if I want to use the hdmi out I tend to just use windows

I have don't have mac :( :( .. how can i make bootable usb using windows ?? :crazy: Can you tell me please ??

One Question! there is a way to get this first USB on the left side, of the ProBook 4530s I think is a USB 3, somebody get this port work???

descuidado said:
One Question! there is a way to get this first USB on the left side, of the ProBook 4530s I think is a USB 3, somebody get this port work???

It works, not sure if as 3.0 tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back