Contribute
Register

Guide for Installing Lion on the 4530s Version 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
nobikung said:
blueking said:
Just so everyone knows, I will release a new installer with the turbo boost enabled as is done by EugeneY. But it will require a good bit of work, so it will be a bit as I am busy and this is not crucial.

Hi blueking, I wonder VGA out would be included in the new installer? :D

I see many ones have their VGA out working except mirroring, but for me I don't even have VGA signal out :(

VGA is in the latest installer.

I posted this under a different subforum but BKribbs is pretty quick and it seems relative...
I have a 60gb SSD and a 500gb HDD formatted as exFAT (installed via sata caddy) so I can use it as a universal user folder
Here's my problem, exFAT isn't working.
I logged off my User account and logged into another in order to move the Home folder to the exFAT (it worked without a problem).
After I'm back on my account I can read and write without issue.
BUT Safari's downloads and apple's sync won't work when the User's home folder is on exFAT.
Sync acts like normal but doesn't update and when I try a download with Safari it says "cannot write file". Anyone know the correct steps to make exFAT work for this purpose? (I don't think using a NTFS solution would work)
Am I doing something wrong?
Any help is useful.

aperfectenemy said:
voncount said:
still got this :(
install the chameleon bootloader on your EFI PARTITION.. This is very important if your working on a 4k sector drive. in the chameleon installer, there's an option to select the location of installation. in there, select the EFI partition. reboot,
:

this does not exist. where did you find the option to install chameleon to your EFI PARTITION

gerard71 said:
jjjooonnn said:
I posted this under a different subforum but BKribbs is pretty quick and it seems relative...
I have a 60gb SSD and a 500gb HDD formatted as exFAT (installed via sata caddy) so I can use it as a universal user folder
Here's my problem, exFAT isn't working.
I logged off my User account and logged into another in order to move the Home folder to the exFAT (it worked without a problem).
After I'm back on my account I can read and write without issue.
BUT Safari's downloads and apple's sync won't work when the User's home folder is on exFAT.
Sync acts like normal but doesn't update and when I try a download with Safari it says "cannot write file". Anyone know the correct steps to make exFAT work for this purpose? (I don't think using a NTFS solution would work)
Am I doing something wrong?
Any help is useful.

you formatted your hard disk in 500 GB two GUID Partition
in a Mac OS Extended, in an exFAT

you put your user folder on the Mac OS Extended is one for windows

That fixed it!
I suppose it's the owner enabled "no" that prevented programs on exFAT (must be a security issue).
And with the Win7 exFAT partition I can still transfer easily.

Thank you gerard71

I wrote a Tutorial on how to install Chameleon on 4k drives. Its very easy. check it out here.

I've tired easy 10 different ways. this is the only method that worked for me.

Hi man. Can you make another guide for asus n53 sn-sv devices?

gerard71 said:
Jawa24 said:
For the Update of the UEFI-Bios :

-Before of after installing Lion ?
-Is there a Bios version who's doesnt work with the hackintosh ?

(Excuse me for my Bad english... :oops: )

:arrow: blueking you have a Paypal account ?

You can set the BIOS after installation of a lion or before do not mind

just so you do after changing the lion put dsdt to make one that matches the bios you will install

Sorry. I only do guides for my laptop. I can try to help with yours. But no guarantees.

Hello All,

i have some minor issues on my ProBook i3 HD3000 if someone can help

1-after wake from sleep brightness got down (not the same before sleep).
2-after wake from sleep there is sound like someone press on the keyboard , i have to press on any key to force this sound.

my bios is F20 ,need to know what recommendation bios ?

1, After sleep, the brightness control is working as it should be. That's why all of us we have set a hot corner at System Preferences to put display to sleep to fix this issue.
2, I do not know about this, never heard something like this before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back