Contribute
Register

[Guide] Dell XPS 13 9350 macOS 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
what's everyone's idle cpu processor speed?

I downloaded the intel power gadget app and have it running in the background. It seems my CPU speed does not drop below 1GHz.

@syscl
I see some of your screenshots and you have the CPU speed dropping to below 500MHz

what's everyone's idle cpu processor speed?

I downloaded the intel power gadget app and have it running in the background. It seems my CPU speed does not drop below 1GHz.

@syscl
I see some of your screenshots and you have the CPU speed dropping to below 500MHz

Recently, I spent more time playing around with Pike R. Alpha's freqv.sh(MacBookPro11,2) + SSDT-pr + deploy.sh, and sure, with HWP disable. I'm working on refining frequency vectors + deploy.sh for i7-6560U, i7-6500U and i7-6200U cases.

With method I mentioned above, iGPU power management and CPU power management error from maclog are gone, which indicates power management seems to be implemented correctly.

What I curious is: does MacBookPro13,x or MacBook9,1 have HWP enable? I have MacBook9,1 from my friend, but I can't install AppleIntelCPUInfo.kext on his laptop because I'm bit afraid I will crash his laptop which he uses as a daily drive. I did try to use MacBookPro13,x and MacBook9,1's frequency vector + SSDT-pr, all gave me cpu panic. Yes, MacBook8,x gave me cpu panic as well. So there may be secrets in X86PlatformPlugIns.kext I still don't figure it out.

If anyone(like Pike R. Alpha) can give us related information, that will be better. Because HWP enable is incomplete at this stage.

syscl

Last edited:
but I can't install AppleIntelCPUInfo.kext on his laptop because I'm bit afraid I will crash his laptop which he uses as a daily drive.

I think you mean AppleIntelInfo.kext, right?
No need to install it... just use kextutil or kextload to load on demand. If it crashes, it won't affect your next boot since it is not installed.

I think you mean AppleIntelInfo.kext, right?
No need to install it... just use kextutil or kextload to load on demand. If it crashes, it won't affect your next boot since it is not installed.
Thank you, I'll upload the cpu information related to MacBook9,1 if there's no crash.

syscl

question for those of us with the FD screen. I bought that one because of the battery savings. While on El Capitan, we were able to get an estimated time remaining on battery power. However, now that Sierra has removed this feature, how can we figure out power usage and expected time left on battery?

I do have the Intel Power Gadget up and running. It seems to be using less than 2 watts as I type this message.

BTW, I have to say syscl's script is amazing.

Fix for menu bar battery timer:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...term-support-guide.213141/page-8#post-1429370

syscl:
whenever you update something on your git repo, can we update our installs by re-running deploy.sh? or do we need to do a new install to get the updates?

wondering if i should wait for the upcoming updates, or install it now.

syscl:
whenever you update something on your git repo, can we update our installs by re-running deploy.sh? or do we need to do a new install to get the updates?

wondering if i should wait for the upcoming updates, or install it now.

• deploy will auto sync all the files from my GitHub, don't need to worry about waiting the latest deploy.
  • If you have any BIOS update or changing setting in BIOS, just re dump ACPI tables then re run deploy
  • deploy is smart enough to consider backward compatible and will automatically refresh out-dated settings in Clover config.plist. And, yes, deploy.sh will update Clover to latest version from my GitHub.
  • If you want to keep up using the latest technology to hack your macOS, just re run the deploy.sh
That's it,
syscl

Last edited:
Hi! Sorry if I jump in like this: I have the XPS 13 9350 with i7, HD 520 and Toshiba 256GB NVME. I can reach installation, but the NVME drive doesn't show up on disk utility. I'm using your CLOVER folder (replaced mine on the EFI partition of the bootable pendrive). What can I do?

Hi! Sorry if I jump in like this: I have the XPS 13 9350 with i7, HD 520 and Toshiba 256GB NVME. I can reach installation, but the NVME drive doesn't show up on disk utility. I'm using your CLOVER folder (replaced mine on the EFI partition of the bootable pendrive). What can I do?

Open config.plist under Clover/, pay attention to this piece of code
Code:
<dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>IONVMeFamily Preferred Block Size 0x10 -&gt; 0x01 (c) Pike R. Alpha implemented by syscl</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>9sEQD4UcAQAA</data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>IONVMeFamily</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>9sEBD4UcAQAA</data>
            </dict>

Change <true/> to <false/>

syscl

Status