Contribute
Register

(GUIDE) Dell Inspiron 15 7573 - Catalina 10.15.7 - OC 0.6.0 | I7-8550U - 4K - UHD 620 - BEST 100% Simple SETUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick Question. How do I enable MacOS to boot from SSD? After getting Monterey running, i turned off my laptop and disconnected the USB. I then tried turning on my laptop again and now it only boots to Dell Recovery/Support Assist. I get error messages saying no bootable drive is detected. What did i do wrong? My SSD has a "MacOS" partition, and another one i planned to install Windows 11 again. Shouldnt everything be working with me only needing to press F12 to boot either Windows 11/MacOS whenever i want?

Quick Question. How do I enable MacOS to boot from SSD? After getting Monterey running, i turned off my laptop and disconnected the USB. I then tried turning on my laptop again and now it only boots to Dell Recovery/Support Assist. I get error messages saying no bootable drive is detected. What did i do wrong? My SSD has a "MacOS" partition, and another one i planned to install Windows 11 again. Shouldnt everything be working with me only needing to press F12 to boot either Windows 11/MacOS whenever i want?
mount the efi on your hard drive and copy the efi folder from your usb stick over

I'm more than happy to help. however I don't know how to make an installer using windows. maybe you can use a friends Mac?
I think i made a bootable USB already. I have MacOS installed, but not everything works.

Not Currently Working...
- Camera
- WIFI
- Bluetooth
- Function keys (Screen Brightness, Volume +-, etc)
- TouchScreen

Im currently trying to fix these issues myself when i have time, but i would like your help since your device is very similar to my laptop.

I think i made a bootable USB already. I have MacOS installed, but not everything works.

Not Currently Working...
- Camera
- WIFI
- Bluetooth
- Function keys (Screen Brightness, Volume +-, etc)
- TouchScreen

Im currently trying to fix these issues myself when i have time, but i would like your help since your device is very similar to my laptop.
I'm home now I can help you. post your working efi folder so I can take a look

I'm home now I can help you. post your working efi folder so I can take a look
Hope this helps you. As mentioned before, i haven't been able to test that everything work (classes all day), and all i know is that WIFI, Bluetooth, and camera done work. Not sure if the function keys are suppose to work as how they did on WINDOWS, like the keyboard backlight toggle, screen brightness, Function lock, Volume +-, etc.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.2 MB · Views: 86
Hope this helps you. As mentioned before, i haven't been able to test that everything work (classes all day), and all i know is that WIFI, Bluetooth, and camera done work. Not sure if the function keys are suppose to work as how they did on WINDOWS, like the keyboard backlight toggle, screen brightness, Function lock, Volume +-, etc.
at work currently. ill update you once I'm back at my laptop

you do not have any rename for the ec in your list of patches. you only need 1 voodoo input.kext enabled, for native keys to work you need my smee patch look at my config.plist for reference. do you have a working battery status? without battery working correctly some functions are unavailable. as for wifi/bluetooth I have no knowledge about intel wireless cards, I've never used them and I don't recommend them with a hackintosh. also change your kext loading order lilu/ whatevergreen/ virtualsmc all should be loaded first. disable voodoops2 mouse

Last edited:
I just realized that my touch screen wasn't working after I completed my updates to .74 - I have disabled one of the voodoo inputs and it allowed me to boot, then I enabled both and was still able to boot but touch screen is not working still (attached is EFI)

Currently using both monterey 12.01 and big sur 11.6.1 I believe it is (2 hard drives for testing), in the middle of updating to 12.1 beta for testing

Do you have any suggestions on how to get the touch screen working again/or different kext?

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    13.1 MB · Views: 81
I just realized that my touch screen wasn't working after I completed my updates to .74 - I have disabled one of the voodoo inputs and it allowed me to boot, then I enabled both and was still able to boot but touch screen is not working still (attached is EFI)

Currently using both monterey 12.01 and big sur 11.6.1 I believe it is (2 hard drives for testing), in the middle of updating to 12.1 beta for testing

Do you have any suggestions on how to get the touch screen working again/or different kext?
you should only use 1 voodooinput. also try disabling ps2mouse and ps2trackpad.

side NOTE; I have a Monterey EFI you can take a look at. should be more helpful than the Catalina efi

I finally made the time and got it working with your Monterey EFI thread - thank you! :)

I have been testing on 2 different hard drives. One with Monterey test drive and a working Big Sur.

In the Monterey, my airpods and blue tooth are working but when I'm in Big Sur, bluetooth isn't in the system preferences or menu bar, here is my EFI

Is there something I missed somewhere or is this a known issue with big sur of some kind?

Attachments

• efi-7.6 oc.zip
    15.6 MB · Views: 69
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back