Contribute
Register

[Guide] Clover UEFI - Asus N550JK-DS71T Intel HD4600 Yosemite 10.10.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I patched DSDT.dsl with "Haswell LPC",compiled SSDT and DSDT files from dsl to aml again (adding line between "SSDT" and the number), copied all of them in ACPI/Patched and edited config.plist, but when I reboot,after loading screen it shows only a black screen I can't do anything. (even it seems like something is happening in background, as PC is still on during this black screen until I power off it)

If I boot in verbose mode, it shows this lines before going to the black screen
Load1.jpg
If I boot in safe mode, system shows up instead of going to black screen after loading, but screen is glitched.
Load2.jpg
What did I go wrong?

I patched DSDT.dsl with "Haswell LPC",compiled SSDT and DSDT files from dsl to aml again (adding line between "SSDT" and the number), copied all of them in ACPI/Patched and edited config.plist, but when I reboot,after loading screen it shows only a black screen I can't do anything. (even it seems like something is happening in background, as PC is still on during this black screen until I power off it)

If I boot in verbose mode, it shows this lines before going to the black screen
View attachment 151364
If I boot in safe mode, system shows up instead of going to black screen after loading, but screen is glitched.
View attachment 151365
What did I go wrong?

Post EFI/Clover folder.

I already replaced config.plist and removed DSDT and SSDT in order to boot to OS X again, anyway that's previous Clover/EFI folder with newer patched tables and already edited config.plist that are the same I used before when problem occurred.(it's the same, right?) View attachment CLOVER:EFI GLITCHED.zip

I already replaced config.plist and removed DSDT and SSDT in order to boot to OS X again, anyway that's previous Clover/EFI folder with newer patched tables and already edited config.plist that are the same I used before when problem occurred.(it's the same, right?) View attachment 151387

Press F4 with Clover GUI active, post EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin folder.

I have to do this with new DSDT and SSDT files still injected, right?
Anyway how can I reach EFI/Clover if I can't boot to OS?
Should I press F4 and then boot again from USB?

I have to do this with new DSDT and SSDT files still injected, right?
Anyway how can I reach EFI/Clover if I can't boot to OS?
Should I press F4 and then boot again from USB?

Clover F4 always extracts native to ACPI/origin. It is not affected by files you have in ACPI/patched.

You can boot using your USB or by changing your Clover setup.

I booted my system with USB, then removed DSDT and SSDT files from ACPI/Patched and changed DropOEM to false, then I rebooted, pressed F4 while in Clover.
This are all the files in ACPI/Origin
View attachment ACPI:ORIGIN.zip

I booted my system with USB, then removed DSDT and SSDT files from ACPI/Patched and changed DropOEM to false, then I rebooted, pressed F4 while in Clover.
This are all the files in ACPI/Origin
View attachment 151453

In the PNLF patch (for brightness), try setting LMAX=0.

Also, try commenting out the line that reads: "Store (0xC0000000, LEVW)"

Also, try commenting the code in _DOS that reads: "^^_DOS (Arg0)."

--

Other notes:

The PNOT patch should not be used when you include all OEM CPU SSDTs (as you are).

"OS Check Fix (Windows 8)" is not always the best choice.

Other notes:

The PNOT patch should not be used when you include all OEM CPU SSDTs (as you are).

"OS Check Fix (Windows 8)" is not always the best choice.

So I have to recompile again DSDT and SSDT from where I had not applied any common patch?

In the PNLF patch (for brightness), try setting LMAX=0.

What does it mean? I searched for LMAX in SSDT-5.dsl (to whom I applied Brightness Fix (Haswell)) and I found this
Code:
 // LMAX: use 0xad9/0x56c/0x5db to force OS X value                //       or use any arbitrary value
                //       or use 0 to capture BIOS setting
                Name (LMAX, 0xad9)
                // KMAX: defines the unscaled range in the _BCL table below
                Name (KMAX, 0xad9)
                // _INI deals with differences between native setting and desired
                Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    // This 0xC value comes from looking what OS X initializes this
                    // register to after display sleep (using ACPIDebug/ACPIPoller)
                    Store(0xC0000000, LEVW)
                    // determine LMAX to use
                    If (LNot(LMAX)) { Store(ShiftRight(LEVX,16), LMAX) }
                    If (LNot(LMAX)) { Store(KMAX, LMAX) }
                    If (LNotEqual(LMAX, KMAX))
etc...
Should I change the first uncommented line to
Code:
  // LMAX: use 0xad9/0x56c/0x5db to force OS X value                //       or use any arbitrary value
                Name (LMAX, 0)
?

Also, try commenting out the line that reads: "Store (0xC0000000, LEVW)"

Also, try commenting the code in _DOS that reads: "^^_DOS (Arg0)."

I searched for both lines in all my tables (the last version I already posted) and I haven't found any reference to them yet...

So I have to recompile again DSDT and SSDT from where I had not applied any common patch?

Yes.

What does it mean? I searched for LMAX in SSDT-5.dsl (to whom I applied Brightness Fix (Haswell)) and I found this
Code:

You can change it to zero.

Should I change the first uncommented line to
Code:
                Name (LMAX, 0)

Yes.

I searched for both lines in all my tables (the last version I already posted) and I haven't found any reference to them yet...

It may look different in an uncompiled table. Look for the _DOS method.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back