Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

Here's a new error!
This would be the starting point of the actual installation, I guess!

Attachments

• 20160827_104057.jpg
    20160827_104057.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 133
  • 20160827_104038.jpg
    20160827_104038.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 114
At present, I've tried all ports with a USB 3.0 stick, and the above displayed result is actually related to one specific port, while the other ones give me the "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" error. So, despite the previously posted glitching screen that at a first sight are like understanding some errors related to the GPU in my humble opinion, now I'm seriously starting thinking that my computer crashes because of USB problems!
I'm using a 32 GB USB 3.0 stick that I bought to install El Capitan on my PC, and it cost me about 15 euros! Now I'm asking to you: is it worth buying another USB 2.0? How probably is the operation to be successful with such a device?
Sorry for my english, but I'm natively Italian!

Hi, can you help me, please?

I am trying to install El Capitan on my Asus Zenbook UX32VD model (i7 3517U Processor, Intel HD 4000 + NVIDIA GT 620m).

I have followed your guide, installed boot drive (GPT option), coppied config_HD4000_1600x900.plist (didn't change anything inside, just renamed to config.plist and replaced the config.plist in EFI partition).

When I try to boot the installer, I am getting "DSMOS has arrived" and it stucks on that.

Did I do something wrong? What can I do to fix this? Thank you in advance for any help.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    590.8 KB · Views: 93
Here's a new error!
This would be the starting point of the actual installation, I guess!

Enable legacy boot/CSM as per guide.

Hi, can you help me, please?

I am trying to install El Capitan on my Asus Zenbook UX32VD model (i7 3517U Processor, Intel HD 4000 + NVIDIA GT 620m).

I have followed your guide, installed boot drive (GPT option), coppied config_HD4000_1600x900.plist (didn't change anything inside, just renamed to config.plist and replaced the config.plist in EFI partition).

When I try to boot the installer, I am getting "DSMOS has arrived" and it stucks on that.

Did I do something wrong? What can I do to fix this? Thank you in advance for any help.

You did not fill out your profile as per post #1. As a result, I have no idea about your hardware details.

It is important you choose the correct config.plist for your screen resolution. And you should read the guide regarding alternate ig-platform-id values that you should try.

Please fix your profile and attach EFI/Clover as ZIP (remove 'themes').

You did not fill out your profile as per post #1. As a result, I have no idea about your hardware details.

It is important you choose the correct config.plist for your screen resolution. And you should read the guide regarding alternate ig-platform-id values that you should try.

Please fix your profile and attach EFI/Clover as ZIP (remove 'themes').

I'm sorry about the profile. I've put the info I could find into the profile and signature.

I followed your guide and I wasn't sure if I was supposed to change something in the config.plist (ig-platform-id value) or leave it be, so I left it the was it was. I just took the config_HD4000_1600x900.plist, renamed it to config.plist and put it in EFI/Clover.

Anyway, I am sending you the ZIP of EFI/Clover as your equested.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 92
Enable legacy boot/CSM as per guide.
Thanks so much man, eventually all went fine!
Now I've only one (maybe two!) problem related to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: I installed all kexts suggested in my PC's guide, both RealtekRTL8111.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, and maybe other things too! Anyway, I've no idea how to enable these hardwares! No available setting in "Network", and I can't add no other services but "Ethernet", "VPN", "PPPoE", "6 to 4".
Could you help me?

I'm sorry about the profile. I've put the info I could find into the profile and signature.

Your profile/signature does not specify your screen resolution.

Thanks so much man, eventually all went fine!
Now I've only one (maybe two!) problem related to Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: I installed all kexts suggested in my PC's guide, both RealtekRTL8111.kext and FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, and maybe other things too! Anyway, I've no idea how to enable these hardwares! No available setting in "Network", and I can't add no other services but "Ethernet", "VPN", "PPPoE", "6 to 4".
Could you help me?

Reply in guide thread as per guide post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Your profile/signature does not specify your screen resolution.

I'm sorry, the screen info that you required is there now. It is a Full HD 1920x1080 resolution screen.

Back