Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

I can't start the installation of OS X, so I can't follow the procedures in "Post Installation" paragraph and all things related to DSDT/SSDT patching script!
My HP ENVY 15-j103el crashes every time I try to launch the installer, displaying prohibited sign, or freezing on Apple logo, or ending up with "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" error! Even the error is moody: I get a different one every time!
Maybe I'm just a n00b, and it's so simple and I can't get it!

I can't start the installation of OS X, so I can't follow the procedures in "Post Installation" paragraph and all things related to DSDT/SSDT patching script!
My HP ENVY 15-j103el crashes every time I try to launch the installer, displaying prohibited sign, or freezing on Apple logo, or ending up with "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport" error! Even the error is moody: I get a different one every time!
Maybe I'm just a n00b, and it's so simple and I can't get it!

Let's see if you followed the guide...

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Also, please fill out your profile as requested in post #1 *before* your next reply (this is also part of following the guide).

Here's EFI/Clover folder!

The Clover version you're using (v3716) is not per guide. The guide recommends v3625.

Also, you profile is not filled out as requested in the guide.

Also, you forgot: "Boot verbose, show photo". No photo is attached.

Read post #1 carefully.

From where did you download OS X?

And here's a photo!
I've also filled my profile, sorry for the delay!

Attachments

• 20160826_165444.jpg
    20160826_165444.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 111
And here's a photo!
I've also filled my profile, sorry for the delay!

You forgot to answer the question ... again ... From where did you download OS X?

And your photo shows a USB problem. Try all USB ports, both with USB2 and USB3 sticks.

So the problem was due to the wrong version of Clover?
I downloaded it from an original Mac, from the App Store!
I tried all USB ports.

So the problem was due to the wrong version of Clover?
I downloaded it from an original Mac, from the App Store!
I tried all USB ports.

Again:
- install the correct version of Clover
- try all USB ports
- try both with USB2 and USB3 stick

Ok man, thanks! I'll do all!

Also check BIOS setting are correct as per Envy guide.

Probably at least one port will work (especially with USB2 stick). Otherwise you may need FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and/or USBInjectAll.kext.

Back