Contribute
Register

[Guide] Booting the OS X installer on LAPTOPS with Clover

RehabMan, Thanks for your quick reply, and advice, I appreciate it.

I can't seem to find the .kext files ? I do not find any Release folder inside the zips, neither do I see the actual .kext files anywhere. Any helps?

Thank you in advance for all your time !!! :clap::clap::clap:

Hey man, I appreciate your help. However I can't seem to understand, in your guide you say "...Copy essential kexts to the 'Other' directory (FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller).." for which I assume a .kext file is going to be there and we need to "copy" it to the folder.

The only thing I take from the Read ME is this ...

To install:
  • install FakeSMC.kext using Kext Wizard. (Note: if you had previously used slice's and have the various kexts spread all over /S/L/E, be sure to remove them all)
  • run HWMonitor.app and set it up to your preference.
So does this mean we need to use this software to "Install" the .kexts onto the USB drive??

Sorry If I am getting it wrong.

Hey man, I appreciate your help. However I can't seem to understand, in your guide you say "...Copy essential kexts to the 'Other' directory (FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller).." for which I assume a .kext file is going to be there and we need to "copy" it to the folder.

The only thing I take from the Read ME is this ...

To install:
  • install FakeSMC.kext using Kext Wizard. (Note: if you had previously used slice's and have the various kexts spread all over /S/L/E, be sure to remove them all)
  • run HWMonitor.app and set it up to your preference.
So does this mean we need to use this software to "Install" the .kexts onto the USB drive??

Sorry If I am getting it wrong.

You are not "installing" anything when creating EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. Installing happens later as part of post-installation.

Just copy the kexts using finder to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

You neglected to provide screen resolution in your signature. Please fix. Read post #1 for all details required in your profile/signature.

"Still waiting for root device..." when booting from USB indicates a USB problem. Try all USB ports. Make sure you're using an Intel USB2 port, with a USB2 stick. Your USB3 controller, if you have one, is not likely to be supported.

Also, you should fix your Clover setup. It is not per guide post #1.

I fixed my screen resolution.
I followed post #1
I used createinstallmedia method to make a bootable Clover_v2.3k_r3642 partition with install_osx partition on usb 2.0 flash drive, used kexts mentioned in post #1

boot args
slide=0 dart=0 nv_disable=1 kext-dev-mode=1 -v

I tried booting from 2 ports on left side didn't work same error "Missing bluetooth controller transport!"
I tried with usb port on the right side of the laptop, but some progress, I am booting with config_HD3000_1600x900.plist and got further, but other error: could not read path: path = /Library/LaunchAgents error 2
(see attached screenshot #2)

Any advice where to start troubleshooting?

Attachments

• error-03.jpg
    error-03.jpg
    543.1 KB · Views: 104
  • error-03.jpg
    error-03.jpg
    690.9 KB · Views: 107
I tried with usb port on the right side of the laptop, but some progress, I am booting with config_HD3000_1600x900.plist and got further, but other error: could not read path: path = /Library/LaunchAgents error 2
(see attached screenshot #2)

Those logs are not errors, but rather a normal part of the boot process. Be patient. Booting the installer from USB is not quick.

Those logs are not errors, but rather a normal part of the boot process. Be patient. Booting the installer from USB is not quick.
It goes through boot process and it restarts without loading the installer.

It goes through boot process and it restarts without loading the installer.

Boot verbose, show photo (try to capture just before reboot, use video capture if necessary to capture the frame).
Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Boot verbose, show photo (try to capture just before reboot, use video capture if necessary to capture the frame). Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Attached is the photo just before laptop reboots.
Since I'm not home right now I'll attach "EFI/Clover folder as ZIP" later.

Attachments

• IMG_8430.PNG
    IMG_8430.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 136
Attached is the photo just before laptop reboots.
Since I'm not home right now I'll attach "EFI/Clover folder as ZIP" later.

Read post #1, regarding alternate DropTables.

You are not "installing" anything when creating EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. Installing happens later as part of post-installation.

Just copy the kexts using finder to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

Thanks, you do understand by now that I just can't find those .kexts inside the zip files you pointed us to don't you?

I guess telling me how to find them is just too much work?
Is there a Guide on how to find the .kexts files inside those zips? Should I google that? :(
I see all types of file extensions but no .kext!

I went inside every folder and I just do not see any .kext type file to copy and paste onto the drive.
I may be blind or stupid but I just can not find them and yet you make it sound so straightforward,
I did read the readme like you said and I did tell you what I found on the readme which is that about installation, if the answer is indeed inside the readme can I ask you or anyone to please highlight that and forward it to me? Please.
I am quite lost here and I am not new to hackintoshing but never had to work with kexts really.

Thank you guys in advance for all your time, I am just stuck here and can't continue :(

Back