Contribute
Register

[Guide] Asus G73JH using Clover UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what i see the guide is for both versions with notes for 10.11

Without kext-dev-mode=1 in the supplied config.plist, clearly the guide was not tested on 10.10.

Without kext-dev-mode=1 in the supplied config.plist, clearly the guide was not tested on 10.10.
Got it, just in my machine working very good with kext-dev-mod=1 the audio is good also but not 2.1 mode, anyway i am using external speakers and that is not a problem for me.

In total tested in Asus G73JH-A1 OSX 10.10.5 working perfect :headbang:

Did anyone tried to update to the latest 10.11.4 ?

Are Usb still causing sleep wake shutdown issues? has it been fixed? Basically, no USB ports are usable if you want those functions?

Still no progress...?

I was wondering, when you install Clover in the USB drive, There are two options available:
  • Option 1: MBR with a FAT32 partition for Clover and a separate HFS+J partition for the OS X installer.
  • Option 2: GPT with a single HFS+J partition for the OS X installer (hidden EFI partition automatically created)
Which one do you choose ?

I was wondering, when you install Clover in the USB drive, There are two options available:
  • Option 1: MBR with a FAT32 partition for Clover and a separate HFS+J partition for the OS X installer.
  • Option 2: GPT with a single HFS+J partition for the OS X installer (hidden EFI partition automatically created)
Which one do you choose ?

Either one will likely work. MBR is a bit easier to use because if you have to make changes to your Clover setup, you don't have to manually mount EFI (because it is a regular FAT32 partition called "CLOVER EFI").

In general, use MBR unless your BIOS won't boot UEFI to an MBR USB.

The thing is, I've already followed this tutorial to install El Capitan 10.11.3 (maybe a year ago), and since, it's been working very well for me.
My problem is, I'm using Xcode to develop iPhone apps, and now there is a new Xcode version that I want to install, and it requires OSX 10.11.5.
By simply update from 10.11.3 to 10.11.5 (via App Store) didn't worked. So I made a complete re-install, still following this tutorial, and it worked. However the audio is not working... It used to work on 10.11.3
Any idea ?

The thing is, I've already followed this tutorial to install El Capitan 10.11.3 (maybe a year ago), and since, it's been working very well for me.
My problem is, I'm using Xcode to develop iPhone apps, and now there is a new Xcode version that I want to install, and it requires OSX 10.11.5.
By simply update from 10.11.3 to 10.11.5 (via App Store) didn't worked. So I made a complete re-install, still following this tutorial, and it worked. However the audio is not working... It used to work on 10.11.3
Any idea ?

Likely: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-10-11-4-broken-audio-with-applehda-injector-dummyhda.188853/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back