Contribute
Register

[Guide] Airport - PCIe Half Mini v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI: The files there ^^^ need updating.
Agree, on the list.
Clover does not allow complete Info.plist matching for KextsToPatch anymore.
That was a workaround for 10.12.1 when Clover.../FixAirport_4000/YES stopped working, the method will be deleted when updated.

That was a workaround for 10.12.1 when Clover.../FixAirport_4000/YES stopped working, the method will be deleted when updated.

I'm not referring to any workaround. Only patches such as country code, fcvo patch, etc.
Old Clover code would match a KextsToPatch->Name on *any* content in the Info.plist.
New Clover code matches *only* on bundle-id.

Those patches don't edit AirPortBrcm4360.kext/.../Info.plist, they edit the AirPortBrcm4360.kext/.../AirPortBrcm436 binary.

You misunderstand.
Info.plist was formerly used to match binary (and InfoPlistPatch) patches against the "Name" specified in a KextsToPatch entry.
Now only the bundle-id in the Info.plist considered when matching against the specified Name.
Hence why all such Name=AirPortBrcm4360 must be changed.
In other words:
- Name has *never* specified the kext name
- it used to specify a substring match in the entire Info.plist
- then it was changed to match a substring in the Info.plist unless the Name specified had any '.' character in it
- now it matches against a substring only in the bundle-id, if the Name specified has no '.' character in it
- and if Name contains a '.', the specified name must match the entire bundle-id exactly

Relevant Clover code is in kext_patcher.c, new code:
Code:
      BOOLEAN   isBundle = (AsciiStrStr(Name, ".") != NULL);
      if ((Entry->KernelAndKextPatches->KextPatches[i].DataLen > 0) &&
          isBundle?(AsciiStrCmp(gKextBundleIdentifier, Name) == 0):(AsciiStrStr(gKextBundleIdentifier, Name) != NULL)) {

Old code:
Code:
      BOOLEAN   isBundle = (AsciiStrStr(Name, ".") != NULL);
      if ((Entry->KernelAndKextPatches->KextPatches[i].DataLen > 0) &&
          isBundle?(AsciiStrCmp(gKextBundleIdentifier, Name) == 0):(AsciiStrStr(InfoPlist, Name) != NULL)) {

Diff: https://sourceforge.net/p/cloverefi..._patcher.c?diff=504c3833fd48f873331ebd05:4304

I've bought BCM 943224 HMS and Fenvi 101 MiniPCIe to PCIe adapter (which includes usb connection for BT) i have followed the guide and managed to make WiFi work as intended, i'm trying to make BT work now, i've installed the two kext from the guide but the problem is, i cant see the bt card connected anywhere.
If the card isn't shown in System Info under USB, does it mean the adapter is not compatible with 10.13 (i've seen on YT that it did with one of the previous versions) or do i need to install something else ?

as i was preparing the files required i've realised that i bought wifi only card, sorry, and thank you for the drivers !

I can not change the country code with Italian. I have high sierra and I only modified the wording on 10.11 because I did not understand in the guide. to get italian on the wifi what code should I put? thank you so much

Attachments

• debug_7602.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 126
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back