Contribute
Register

[Guide] Acer aspire 5755G/5750G El Capitan UEFI Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
On intall clover is my solution. reply a image.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2015-12-22 a las 9.51.43.png
    Captura de pantalla 2015-12-22 a las 9.51.43.png
    159.5 KB · Views: 249
Hi vicioushex

Thank you for posting the pic of Clover options you used for your install.

sbeaber4 asked if you could update the forum on how you got from the Stop (which you posted at #91) to a working system.

Could you post it as a step by step guide to assist him? others who have read the posts may need this as well to help them.

Thank you

Hi, Merry Christmas!

With reference to the Broadcom BCM94360CD fitted to a mini PCI-E Express adapter I use. The 5GHz connection was not, i thought, available to me even after consulting the following:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

I had used the config-bcm94352-110.plist by merging with the config.plist (see attached screen dump) in my Clover boot.

The thing i did not do was re-boot a few times and re-check that the fix had worked (i only re-booted once - stupid me!!!), and yesterday I thought i would check if anything had changed - I found I could log into my router at 5Ghz (see attached screen dump).

I have to apologise for not putting this in the guide and therefore not properly testing this area, but will, hopefully, assist in getting your wi-fi working (if using the same wifi card) as I have.

Yet another tick for getting my, and your hackintosh working even better!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-12-26 at 09.31.22.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-26 at 09.31.22.png
    152.4 KB · Views: 151
  • Screen Shot 2015-12-26 at 09.48.47.png
    Screen Shot 2015-12-26 at 09.48.47.png
    266.7 KB · Views: 164
Hi! So, I went back and was able to create a clover -Yosemite- install. Worked like a charm. Had to wipe out my windows 10 partition but I can reinstall that later.
I have a few questions that I need help on :wave:

How would I go about updating it to El Capitan?
Need help with battery and audio. I tried using the kexts you provided to no avail.

Cheers!

Hi! So, I went back and was able to create a clover -Yosemite- install. Worked like a charm. Had to wipe out my windows 10 partition but I can reinstall that later.

Need help with battery and audio. I tried using the kexts you provided to no avail.

Cheers!

Background info: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Then read post #1. Carefully.

Thanks Rehabman. I did read that and was able to boot into Linux and successfully retrieve my DSDT files and related tables. Before I blew my mind away editing and patching it I was hoping that since our hardware was very similar I could borrow his kext. When I have some time Ill try my hand at patching. Thanks!

Thanks Rehabman. I did read that and was able to boot into Linux and successfully retrieve my DSDT files and related tables. Before I blew my mind away editing and patching it I was hoping that since our hardware was very similar I could borrow his kext. When I have some time Ill try my hand at patching. Thanks!

ACPI patching required for audio/battery. (kexts alone not enough).

Cheers!

Hi sbeaber4

I do not know how far through the guides you have gotten, but here is one to take you from Yosemite to El Capitan using Clover.

Have a look and see if it offers you anything which you may have missed!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...rect-update-os-x-el-capitan-using-clover.html

Good Luck!

Hi sbeaber4

I do not know how far through the guides you have gotten, but here is one to take you from Yosemite to El Capitan using Clover.

Have a look and see if it offers you anything which you may have missed!

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...rect-update-os-x-el-capitan-using-clover.html

Good Luck!

With a correct Clover setup, properly prepared for running 10.11, there is nothing special to do. You can simply update via the Mac App Store, boot from the new entry detected by Clover, almost as if it was a real Mac.

Key is to have everything updated and ready for 10.11 (kexts should be updated to latest, Clover latest, etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back