Contribute
Register

Guidance on installing Mavericks on a Toshiba Z930 PT23LA-01F00N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, now it's working fine! All is working except VGA, card reader and fingerprint sensor. I'm planning on doing a guide for people like me that wants to do it. Does this DSDT and SSDT that i've created work with all the Portege Z930-148? or it varies ?

Specific to your machine. DSDT should not be shared. Share the process of creating it instead. SSDT is specific to your CPU model.

Specific to your machine. DSDT should not be shared. Share the process of creating it instead. SSDT is specific to your CPU model.

Okay! Thanks!!

Is there a way to modify the quick buttons? To change the volume up and down, brightness, etc because they are now without any order...

Is there a way to modify the quick buttons? To change the volume up and down, brightness, etc because they are now without any order...

Yes...but it is a keyboard driver issue. What trackpad is in your laptop?

Are you using my driver? https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller

Maybe you are and if not, you should be...

There is a wiki article on keyboard remap: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller/wiki/How-to-Use-Custom-Keyboard-Mapping

Install the debug version, so you can see what codes your keys generate in system.log.

That worked perfectly!! Is there a way to control the fan speed? I tried smcFanControl but it will close when you launch it!! My computer is on high temps normally... 60, 70ºC (was the same on windows so it's not a os x problem)

That worked perfectly!! Is there a way to control the fan speed? I tried smcFanControl but it will close when you launch it!! My computer is on high temps normally... 60, 70ºC (was the same on windows so it's not a os x problem)

You would have to spend some time trying to understand if fan controls exist in the EC, where the fan controls are and how they work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back