Contribute
Register

GTX 780 crashes Premiere Pro CC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a GTX 780 as well and anything OpenCL crashes it in the release version of Mavericks. It seems that Apple regressed its drivers at release vs. the DP ones which had OpenCL working (and had much better performance).

I suppose we'll have to wait for the 10.9.1 release to see if it resolves this. I can't even open Pacifist for emergency install means since it too uses OpenCL. I wish nVidia would come out with web drivers already, since they tend to add more core support than Apple does.

Hi, just to be clear is After Effects CC running on 780 and Mavericks?
I might upgrade to a 780 and After Effects is where I spend most of my time theses days.

Thanks!

So After Effects is working fine on Mavericks + GTX 780 ?

...on my machine GTX 780 don't want work with CUDA in AE CC. And Premiere go in crash...bad situation for me that I believed to create a monster machine for video and visual effects...

Anyway I have Mountain Lion...

Both AE and PR work with latest updates on Mavericks. I added the 780 to the OpenCL supported graphics list. I haven't tested extensively though, but they both worked from day one.

Both AE and PR work with latest updates on Mavericks. I added the 780 to the OpenCL supported graphics list. I haven't tested extensively though, but they both worked from day one.

Ronalith you say me that with Maverick UPDATE I can use Premiere CC without crash?!
Can you tell me about CUDA of GTX 780 on AE CC? Can you try to work with it?

Thank you :)

Ronalith you say me that with Maverick UPDATE I can use Premiere CC without crash?!
Can you tell me about CUDA of GTX 780 on AE CC? Can you try to work with it?

Thank you :)

Raytracing on AE is a bag of hurt. Don't ever work with it unless you NEED to (bending 2D layers in 3d is the only use I like), you shouldn't need to anyways, now that there's C4D lite. I use C4D so I never do any 3d work on AE. I'm going to leave the option enabled though but won't do any heavy AE this week.

GPU on AE, can be enabled (just tried) and it seems to work.

Premiere never crashed, but there's a chance that's because I added the 780 to the supported opencl video cards. I have cuda driver installed and I'm waiting for nvidia's web driver to make a test.

Installed a GTX 780 today.

It boots and is recognized in ML. Although have the same issue with Premiere crashing and even FCP X.

Reading through this thread it seems to be common. I'd hate to have to reinstall to Mavericks just for this...I installed ML only a few weeks ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back