Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi, I plan to build a ML Hackintosh using my existing graphics card.
Has any one got a fully accelerated GTX 460 working, more specifically the PNY model?
Will it work enough to let me use app store in Snow Leopard for UniBeast, as I understand ML adds more support for this card?

Am a right in thinking I need the following MultiBeast patches

. Graphics - Nvidia Fermi OpenCl Patches
. Graphics - 10.8x OpenCL Patch
. Graphics - Nvidia retail 304.00.00f20 OpenCl Patch

Should I tick or untick "Customization - GraphicsEnabler=No"?
I don't understand what "Customization - 1080p Display Mode does"?

And Install the Nvidia Cuda driver of website.

Thanks
Any advice or suggestions appreciated. :)

Anyone know anything on the GtX 460?

hi, i'm running one (MSI Hawk) and it has been trouble-free and fully supported on Lion up to 10.7.5... no info on mountain lion though, sorry.

Go for it!

I'm running a Gtx 460 flawless (well, actually i had a few crashes while playing starcraft, but i'm not sure if it was a graphics error or the oc'ed cpu) with 10.8.2.

There isn't any special work needed to get it running, it's pretty much plug and play.

Go for it!

I'm running a Gtx 460 flawless (well, actually i had a few crashes while playing starcraft, but i'm not sure if it was a graphics error or the oc'ed cpu) with 10.8.2.

There isn't any special work needed to get it running, it's pretty much plug and play.

Thanks, So you didn't install any MultiBeast patches for it? Or Cuda Drivers?
I Plan to use the same Motherboard as you too.

I installed everything fermi related in multibeast and downloaded the cuda drivers, but it also works without them (as far as i remember).

Hi

Do you have a Geekbench score and how stable is your system?

Has anyone gotten this all working on a Z77 Pro3? There's a thread that talks about it but I can't get my GTX 460 to work (vendor model etc on left under my name). If so, could someone post a comprehensive guide on how to do it? I've not tried to flash the modded BIOS yet as I'm weary of bricking another mobo doing the same thing.... >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back