Contribute
Register

GTS 450 lion 10.7.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
like some kind of magic, all things worked out just fine. the resolution set itself, without even installing the nvidia drivers! lion did it with graphicsenabler=yes. all info about the card and monitor read in correctly. got my ethernet on. sound works. app store works. everything is perfect. this is something magical considering all the effort i put into the last installation.

thank you for your time and help regardless! this is an awesome forum with tons of information and help thanks to all of you.

Hello All,
rite now im using EVGA GTS 450 video card on 10.6.8 and its working fine.
but on the system info section it said "unknown NVidia display video card"
how do i fix this, so that it recognize the video card.
if any one use this video card and had same problem but fix, please help me out on this.
thanks~~~~

kigger012 said:
Hello All,
if any one use this video card and had same problem but fix, please help me out on this.
thanks~~~~

little moro info about your hackintosh (what bootloader, screenshot of graphics card info in system information, what did you do to get your card working)

kigger012 said:
Hello All,
thanks~~~~

How did you manage to get the graphics card to work? I have the same card but I can't manage to activate it, resolution and qe/ci isn't working all-tho my system recognizes the device correctly.
After adding the device id in nvdagf100hal.kext and nvdagf40hal.kext it loads them but still no luck in getting resolution or qe/ci.

Please help!

My system information is:
Asrock p55 Deluxe
EVGA GTS 450 1gb DDR5
4GB Corsair 3
Intel i3-530
Snow Leopard 10.6.5 - (will the upgrade to 10.6.8 help in any way ?)

DemonDust said:
kigger012 said:
Hello All,
thanks~~~~

How did you manage to get the graphics card to work? I have the same card but I can't manage to activate it, resolution and qe/ci isn't working all-tho my system recognizes the device correctly.
After adding the device id in nvdagf100hal.kext and nvdagf40hal.kext it loads them but still no luck in getting resolution or qe/ci.

Please help!

My system information is:
Asrock p55 Deluxe
EVGA GTS 450 1gb DDR5
4GB Corsair 3
Intel i3-530
Snow Leopard 10.6.5 - (will the upgrade to 10.6.8 help in any way ?)
you don't need device id in nvdagf40hal.kext, only in nvdagf100hal

Not to sound tooo completely noobish, but what is the device id for the GTS 450, or where do i find the device id? I;m building up a GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 with an EVGA GTS 450.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back