Contribute
Register

GTS 250 support in 10.7.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
chroniX said:
I'm using a GTS 250 with dual 1920x1080p monitors and full QE/CI support. Sleep works fine as well. Hope that helps make your decision. :D

Can you explain how?

I have an XFX GTS 250 512MB and I can't get anything but un-accelerated video?

fuzzylollipop said:
chroniX said:
I'm using a GTS 250 with dual 1920x1080p monitors and full QE/CI support. Sleep works fine as well. Hope that helps make your decision. :D

Can you explain how?

The previous install was a non DSDT using easybeast. When I re-installed I chose to go with a DSDT install and got one from the database. There weren't any listed for P43 so I used the closest one which was for the GA-EP45-DS3R on a crapshoot. I ran multibeast with user DSDT, the other necessary kexts and used Chimera. After re-boot it was recognized and fully supported. That's pretty much it.

LAM

mistermorse said:
fuzzylollipop said:
chroniX said:

Can you explain how?

The previous install was a non DSDT using easybeast. When I re-installed I chose to go with a DSDT install and got one from the database. There weren't any listed for P43 so I used the closest one which was for the GA-EP45-DS3R on a crapshoot. I ran multibeast with user DSDT, the other necessary kexts and used Chimera. After re-boot it was recognized and fully supported. That's pretty much it.

LAM

EDIT: Creating new post in proper forum.

It does matter which dsdt you're using. What MB do you have?

montiniz said:

It's a Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L. I used the EP45-DS3R DSDT I believe just to get something to work from.

Thanks for your help,

LAM

mistermorse said:
montiniz said:

It's a Gigabyte GA-EP43-DS3L. I used the EP45-DS3R DSDT I believe just to get something to work from.

Thanks for your help,

LAM
i have dsdt for the same one, once i get back home i'll upload it, one more thing is you should check which rev you have, i think mine is rev1.2. power management works really great with voodoopstates. sleep no problem

montiniz said:
mistermorse said:
montiniz said:

Thanks for your help,

LAM
i have dsdt for the same one, once i get back home i'll upload it, one more thing is you should check which rev you have, i think mine is rev1.2. power management works really great with voodoopstates. sleep no problem

That would be awesome! Thanks a bunch. The revision on the logic board is 1.0. After leaving it running and using it for a few hours here and there I shut it down. Every fan in the case continues to run. The two front case fans, the rear fan, the CPU cooler fan and even the fan on the video card. I have shut it down before after only running for a few minutes after it had been off all night and it did shut down completely.

Thanks again,

LAM

cstep said:
Sorry for the repeat. My iPad popped up some weird message and posted twice. :?

I've done that many times. I haven't gotten to Lion yet, but that's good confirmation. When I searched for information about this initially I replied within the thread, but like an idiot I neglected to read the thread title :? Since I got a reply I decided to run with it anyway. you're not the only one that had an "oops" :D

my Extra and Extensions folders for ep43 ud3l (just noticed that your's is ds3l, idon't thinck there's a lot of difference, if it's not gonna work, you're gonna have to create you're own dsdt. it's not that hard)

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    16 MB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back