CPU
Intel Core i7-3770
Graphics
MSI GeForce GT 640
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey there! I recently did a (successful?) install of Mojave. Everything is working fine except for some Graphical Issues. It detects my GPU completely fine, however when moving windows it jitters, no transparency, and some apps lag majorly.

I cannot boot without `Inject Nvidia` as true in clover, trust me I've tried and all it does is instantly reboot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 2.33.43 am.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-05 at 2.33.43 am.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 725
Hey there! I recently did a (successful?) install of Mojave. Everything is working fine except for some Graphical Issues. It detects my GPU completely fine, however when moving windows it jitters, no transparency, and some apps lag majorly.

I cannot boot without `Inject Nvidia` as true in clover, trust me I've tried and all it does is instantly reboot.

What motherboard are you using and which system definition do you run?

The 3GB GPU memory indicates that you have a GF116 chip on your card. This is Fermi (GF), not Kepler (GK) and thus most likely not supported by Mojave. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nvidia_graphics_processing_units#GeForce_600_series

@propaangas ,

Good catch. That looks like the reason for the graphics issue. It explains why it boots when injecting Nvidia, but not getting acceleration.

Perhaps the @rekkisomo can try using HD4000 graphics with a digital connection direct from the motherboard to the monitor.

boot from linux usb

run the command : lspci

Kepler chip GT640 is natively supported
Code:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK107 [GeForce GT 640] (rev a1)

I have a GT740 and work fine. I dont config anything in clover. No Kext and no inject anything. I think that you must config another bios, maybe.

So it turns out I did indeed have extra kexts installed. After removing, it booted faster than normal but graphical issues still happen.

Last edited:
boot from linux usb

run the command : lspci

Kepler chip GT640 is natively supported
Code:
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation GK107 [GeForce GT 640] (rev a1)

Would you know the reason why I can't boot without "Inject Nvidia" enabled in Clover then?

@propaangas ,

Good catch. That looks like the reason for the graphics issue. It explains why it boots when injecting Nvidia, but not getting acceleration.

Perhaps the @rekkisomo can try using HD4000 graphics with a digital connection direct from the motherboard to the monitor.
Didn't see this, So you're saying that I can't use my GPU at all?

Would you know the reason why I can't boot without "Inject Nvidia" enabled in Clover then?
can your confirm your card is using Kepler chip first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back