Contribute
Register

{great success} - Mikhail's Video Editing Hack Pro - 3930k/ GTX670/ SabertoothX79/ H100i/ 3x Vertex4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is everything working well with your H100i? I am building a hackintosh that is very similar and have not figured out what I am going to do to set up the H100i. I see that yours is plugged in but then are you running Windows too?
yes everything is working fine with the H100i in both OSX 10.8.3 and Windows 8

Wondering if you're screen shots of 5.0 Overclock? For some reason the first I followed this it's work at 1.250 vcore at 4.8 oc then I tried playing around with it, even upgrade to bios. Now, it won't boot on 1.250 vcore for 4.8 oc. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Because when I oc to 4.8 with 1.410 vcore it gets really hot 45 - 60 plus cel then it freezes and have to reboot then system. I have the same setup with 32g ram and save I cooling system H100i... Any pointers?

- - - Updated - - -

Wondering if you're screen shots of 5.0 Overclock? For some reason the first I followed this it's work at 1.250 vcore at 4.8 oc then I tried playing around with it, even upgrade to bios. Now, it won't boot on 1.250 vcore for 4.8 oc. Is there anything I'm doing wrong? Because when I oc to 4.8 with 1.410 vcore it gets really hot 45 - 60 plus cel then it freezes and have to reboot then system. I have the same setup with 32g ram and save I cooling system H100i... Any pointers?

Just like to extend a big thankyou Mikhail, just finished installing a very similar system to yours (3930/GTX670/SabertoothX79/16GB Ram) in a 2004 Mac Pro G5 case.

Everything running fine following your detailed post, at stock speeds I'm getting geekbench 15K+ and at a moderate overclock (4.0 GHz) =19K+, so I'm more than happy, the machine really is blisteringly fast compared to my previous 17 860.

I'll be doing a write up of my build when I get it finally finished (cable management in a G5 case is a nightmare)

Hello friends!
Firstly, I would like to thank everyone in this community that helped build my first hackintosh. This community is amazing!
I made an identical setup to yours:
sabertooth x79 3930K GTX670
I still have some doubts:
1 - I work with audio and music, however, the sound of hackintosh seems to be well below the sound win7 64. I preferred to work with the win7 boot. Anyone know what I can do? I use pro tools 10 and my interface is the maudio firewire Profire 2626. This updated and all the audio kexts are the same as shown here.
2 - Not able to connect two monitors. When I boot with both plugged in, starts first DVI, HDMI connects and then hangs on white screen. What did I do wrong?
3 - The clock of my BIOS advances 3 hours and when I go back to windows, the time is always wrong.
Thank you very much for everything you did and helped me get this far.
I have no more words to thank.

Dear Mikhail,

wooow, i just found this thread and nice build and I wonder I can get help here to install mac os

I myself am mac and windows user and will build a new rig to do my work mostly for photoshop, premier (& final cut pro on mac),some 3D rendering. Forget about game, i wish back into years when i got time to play some.
I already put order on some items to build dual boot Mac OS and Windows 8, I consider using the new hasswell for its i7-4700K but from what I heard it much better to use i7-3930K for my need (considering 3960K :rolleyes: but have to buy some software so let's see if I still got some cash) . That 3930K has been around for one and half year hopefully it can do the job at least for 3-4 years. Do you guys any suggestion, because i can change my order until wednesday-thursday (2-3 day ahead). Plus the stable OC make me more interested on this chip

Here the item list i have put on order :
Proc : Intel i7-3930K
MB: Asus Sabertooth x79 (considering using gigabyte X79-UD5)
Mem : Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Black PC12800 32 gb (4x8gb)
VGA : Gainward Phantom GTX 770 2gb (already bought seperated)
HD: Samsung 840pro 256gb x 2 (for dual boot)
Cooling : Corsair H110
Case : Cooler Master CM 690 II advande (hopefully i can install the H110 easily on this, bcause my friend did it)
PSU : Seasonic P860
and several 3tb hds that I already had will be used for this rig

I might need lot of help to install hackintosh later on, hopefully i wont find any difficulties fot this will be my first hackintosh

regards,
Rudy

Hello Thank you so much for your info and set up on this build !!! i nearly turned it into a full time pc !!

i went through your bios clocking screenshots. I did all the steps and it still says 3.8. can you help ?

also my temps when loading gets up to high 60's

Hello Thank you so much for your info and set up on this build !!! i nearly turned it into a full time pc !!

i went through your bios clocking screenshots. I did all the steps and it still says 3.8. can you help ?

also my temps when loading gets up to high 60's
Sorry for the late response I have been busy with work, it will say 3.8 in the system info but as long as you check the bios info and it say the correct info that's the right setting. As far as the 60C that's really high mines on a 80F-90F day will never exceed over 47C what are you using for cooling???

Dear Mikhail,

wooow, i just found this thread and nice build and I wonder I can get help here to install mac os

I myself am mac and windows user and will build a new rig to do my work mostly for photoshop, premier (& final cut pro on mac),some 3D rendering. Forget about game, i wish back into years when i got time to play some.
I already put order on some items to build dual boot Mac OS and Windows 8, I consider using the new hasswell for its i7-4700K but from what I heard it much better to use i7-3930K for my need (considering 3960K :rolleyes: but have to buy some software so let's see if I still got some cash) . That 3930K has been around for one and half year hopefully it can do the job at least for 3-4 years. Do you guys any suggestion, because i can change my order until wednesday-thursday (2-3 day ahead). Plus the stable OC make me more interested on this chip

Here the item list i have put on order :
Proc : Intel i7-3930K
MB: Asus Sabertooth x79 (considering using gigabyte X79-UD5)
Mem : Corsair DDR3 Vengeance Black PC12800 32 gb (4x8gb)
VGA : Gainward Phantom GTX 770 2gb (already bought seperated)
HD: Samsung 840pro 256gb x 2 (for dual boot)
Cooling : Corsair H110
Case : Cooler Master CM 690 II advande (hopefully i can install the H110 easily on this, bcause my friend did it)
PSU : Seasonic P860
and several 3tb hds that I already had will be used for this rig

I might need lot of help to install hackintosh later on, hopefully i wont find any difficulties fot this will be my first hackintosh

regards,
Rudy
if this is your first Hackintosh you will without doubt run into some trouble. Especially with the newer updates but the community is here to help every step of the way :) good luck and welcome to the Hackintosh world

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back