Contribute
Register

Graphics card advice/help

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an old joke from science fiction conventions.

Well I have seen DVI + Optical SPDIF to HDMI converters for about $45-60 in the US on Amazon.com. Assuming you get the sound working on your Hackintosh, which usually isn't too difficult to do, just hook up the optical output on the back + the DVI output on your card and you've got HDMI with audio.

I've been thinking about doing this myself.

There wasn't any problem with it, it just didn't make any obvious sense (thus the non-sequitur comment) and I'm still not sure what it was supposed to mean. Apparently it's some sort of internet short hand for something else?

Well can i get HDMI video and then just audio from something else (i don't do music editing or some stuff like that so normal sound would be good enough) and for the ups it's just a way to get your thread on the top of the page so people would notice it faster and answer faster but still thanks for your info

Don't get hurried, just take time and read others threads here. It is really easier then it seems. Good luck :thumbup:

Well thanks! i maybe have rushed a bit and just tought it would be a pain in the ass but when my system is ready i will search threads about the editing and stuff for it :)

ups it's just a way to get your thread on the top of the page so people would notice it faster and answer faster but still thanks for your info

We call that a "bump" over here.

Ow well will use that one then now :)

Edit: The MSI GTX 560 Ti Twin Frozr II OC came in today it's looking good, any help or experience with the card still welcome :)

Why are you bumping again?

You have the GPU, there is a tutorial from Tony on the blog site to use the Nvidia GPU's and there are tons of threads about the Nvidia GPU.

well i wanted to find someone who had the same graphics card to share some experience but with that said i will close the thread and read some stuff about the gpu on the forum :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back