Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!

I seem to have problems with both Hackintoshes here. One with 9800GTX+, the other is 460GTX.
Minecraft is running at approximately 15-20 FPS. At normal play I would get 20FPS on the 460GTX (and i3 3GhZ CPU).
I'm pretty sure this is much lower than it was on my previous installs (Lion).

Anyone else noticing this? My Macbook Pro (i7) Runs on all four cores, and I get like 120FPS with Vsync switched off.

What happened to MultiBeast and OpenCL patch? OpenGL?

Ok, lets go out from my GFs setup:

- P5K Premium Wifi/AP
- E8400 C2D
- Asus EN9800GTX+ Top
- 4GB RAM (1066mhz)
- SSD (approx 200MB/200MB performance)

After thinking a bit, we've never run Minecraft on this machine before, but easily ran Sims 3 etc. on full settings.

Anyways, I tested now with Minecraft under Mavericks. Approx. 20-30 FPS, more stable at 30FPS with "Advanced OpenGL" enabled in Minecraft, in other words this helped the computer utilize the graphics card better.

Other settings were at default.

I now put in the old Lion disk, and installed and fired up Minecraft. Got around 40FPS, and thought "well... not a big difference." Turned off Vsync and put the FPS to unlimited - it's stable at 100FPS when looking around in the forest. If jumping around, changing the environment often, it switches from 65 to 150FPS.

In other words, a HUGE performance decrease in Minecraft under Mavericks, compared to Lion. Finder etc. seems to be running fluently though.

CPU usage is approx 50% or less on both 10.7 and 10.9.

Anyone experience anything similar? Please help!

Have you tried installing nvidia web drivers and cuda? For some cards/brands the native drivers don't work as nice. You will have a panel that allows you switching drivers (you can also do it via boot flag).

Hmm, I never had to before Mavericks... Do i still use GrapicsEnabler=Yes with the driveres installed?

I can't seem to find any Mavericks drivers. Do you have a link?

I installed the latest CUDA drivers on my 460GTX-computer, but it didn't seem to do much difference.

After disabling Vsync and setting FPS to unlimited, I get on average 30FPS, this is OK, but far from what I would expect from these setups. It could be a problem with Minecraft / Java and nVidia under Mavericks, but I'll have to test this.

Will run a test with Unigine Heaven on both Lion and Mavericks on the same computer to see if there is a difference - if not, my problem isn't the graphics card.

My score on the GTX460 computer (Mavericks) was 880 with all settings default in Unigine Heaven. (1920x1080 resolution and fullscreen).

On the 9800 GTX+ computer (Mavericks) I got with 1920x1200 resolution 280 points! Very low score (these cards are approximately the same).

Heaven wouldn't run under Lion, so unfortunately, I wasn't able to compare the results on the same computer.

Anyways I tested more with Minecraft:

- Under mavericks, in the deep jungle forest, I get 15FPS or lower
- Under Lion, at the same spot in the jungle, I get 130FPS!!!

What's the deal? I haven't changed anything when installing. I've never run Mountain Lion on any of these Hackintoshes, so I can't compare. But what's happening in Mavericks?

Can any of you with similar cards please help me verify this?

I've same issue with nVidia 550Ti: i'm going to try with CUDA drivers. I hope it's work!

I just wanted to share, that i have the same issue with minecraft on 10.9.

I own a 610 GT 2 GB Passiv. In windows a get around 60-70 FPS, in osx 10.9 around 15-20.

Did you find any solution?

It
didn't work in my case, but you can try to edit the AGPM in order to get G-State 0.

Currently my graphic card runs in G-State 0 - but it seems to have no effect at all :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back