Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z77X UP5-TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello,

I plan to edit 4K videos shot with GoPro Camera, but the problem is my current GPU doesn't support them. When I play them their audio is not synced and video also jerks while playing.

I want a GPU that can run at least 2 monitors on Catalina and Windows.

any recommendations are really appreciated.

Please find below the mediainfo of the GoPro 4K file.

My Setup >>> OS : Mojave (10.14.5) | MOBO : GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | CPU : Core i7 3770K | GPU : Geforce GTX 650 TI Boost 2GB (Not Supported) | PSU : Corsair GS700

Thank You.

Attachments

• GoPro File Media info.txt
    3.4 KB · Views: 89
AMD RX 580 8GB, AMD RX Vega 56/64, AMD Vega VII, AMD RX 5700/XT

All these cards should work for 4k Video editing with sound. However, I would say that you are bottle necked by your CPU as much as your GPU, and maybe even your memory. If your trying to edit video with an Nvida card in Mojave then no wonder you are having issues since you have no acceleration. People do not always look in the buying advice forums.

AMD RX 580 8GB, AMD RX Vega 56/64, AMD Vega VII, AMD RX 5700/XT

All these cards should work for 4k Video editing with sound. However, I would say that you are bottle necked by your CPU as much as your GPU, and maybe even your memory. If your trying to edit video with an Nvida card in Mojave then no wonder you are having issues since you have no acceleration. People do not always look in the buying advice forums.

Thanks for the reply @scottkendall

The real issue is, I have spent a HUGE amount for buying a Drone, Mirrorless DSLR (with adapter and an extra lens) and a Gopro, So I don't have more money left to Upgrade the whole machine.

So basically I can't replace my CPU right now, May be next year I will get a new generation i7, and all my RAM slots are also full, so can't upgrade these too and my Nvidia card have no acceleration in Mojave, that's why I want to upgrade only that (because I don't want to work in windows anymore :cry: )

By the way, which of the card you suggested works with a Dual/Triple display setup...?? and what do you say about GIGABYTE Radeon Rx 590...??

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply @scottkendall

The real issue is, I have spent a HUGE amount for buying a Drone, Mirrorless DSLR (with adapter and an extra lens) and a Gopro, So I don't have more money left to Upgrade the whole machine.

So basically I can't replace my CPU right now, May be next year I will get a new generation i7, and all my RAM slots are also full, so can't upgrade these too and my Nvidia card have no acceleration in Mojave, that's why I want to upgrade only that (because I don't want to work in windows anymore :cry: )

By the way, which of the card you suggested works with a Dual/Triple display setup...?? and what do you say about GIGABYTE Radeon Rx 590...??

I do not know much about the RX590 I am not sure how commonly it is used in a Hack, but the other cards I listed with the exception of the 5700 are commonly used cards in Hackintosh. I am not sure the minor power boost from 580 to 590 would be worth the possible headaches it may cause when you try and install it.

I do not know much about the RX590 I am not sure how commonly it is used in a Hack, but the other cards I listed with the exception of the 5700 are commonly used cards in Hackintosh. I am not sure the minor power boost from 580 to 590 would be worth the possible headaches it may cause when you try and install it.

That's true.

So, which one is better Gigabyte or MSI...?? :)

One more thing... My power supply unit is Corsair GS700 , I'm not sure if that GPU will work with it or not... :(

That's true.

So, which one is better Gigabyte or MSI...?? :)

One more thing... My power supply unit is Corsair GS700 , I'm not sure if that GPU will work with it or not... :(

Saphire?

Some people would say it is fine with 650, I prefer to over kill stuff a little. I have a 1k power supply I probably am only using 650 of it. Super silent because the fan never turns on.

I have the Gigabyte RX 580 Gaming 8 GB, never a problem with this card running multi-monitors as long as I used WEG/LILU kexts.

Saphire?

Some people would say it is fine with 650, I prefer to over kill stuff a little. I have a 1k power supply I probably am only using 650 of it. Super silent because the fan never turns on.

Well Sapphire one is selling here for USD 234, but it has only 2 DP and 2 HDMI.... and I am looking for 3 DP and 1 HDMI, which is available in Gigabyte variant, which is available for USD 240

but Rx 590 is available for USD 252, so I'm checking if it also works with mojave or not.

By the way could you also suggest me any processor for LGA 1155 motherboard...??

Thank you very much for helping me out :)

I have the Gigabyte RX 580 Gaming 8 GB, never a problem with this card running multi-monitors as long as I used WEG/LILU kexts.

Thanks man, If RX 590 won't work , I'll get this one for sure... :)

Well Sapphire one is selling here for USD 234, but it has only 2 DP and 2 HDMI.... and I am looking for 3 DP and 1 HDMI, which is available in Gigabyte variant, which is available for USD 240

but Rx 590 is available for USD 252, so I'm checking if it also works with mojave or not.

By the way could you also suggest me any processor for LGA 1155 motherboard...??

I think that there are issues with the RX 590 bios and MacOS or at least there were. Get the 580 save yourself some headaches. As for your CPU

any cpu that fits it should work. so 8th/9th gen cpu. z370 needs a flashed bios to support 9th gen.

This chip is ultra cheap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back