Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm curious if anyone has an answer to this curiosity that I have.

I am not yet able to get my graphics card to function properly. I won't go into specifics of my attempts and defeats...but the strange thing (to me) is that when I use Unibeast to install Lion, during the install the Graphics card works and is defined.

Quadro 4000 PC Version...if I look in the About This Mac, it shows the card and the amount of RAM during this phase, before I run Multibeast and restart to Lion.

Once I restart to Lion, the card is in VESA mode, one low resolution setting and other functions not working.

This seems strange to me, why does it work natively in the install, but not in the post-multibeast setup.

What is happening during the Unibeast boot that isn't happening during the multibeast?

I use the corresponding patched DSDT for my motherboard.
I install Chimera 1.7 (I have the i7 970 hexacore).
I could get into tons, but I'm wondering if anyone has any feedback on this curiosity.

I've installed both the nVidia and CUDA drivers without change to my display settings.
So no luck...

According to the GPU listing this is the method that would work (latest drivers). Maybe it will on Snow Leopard, but I haven't been able to even boot with my GPU into the Snow Leopard install. I don't have another GFXcard to try yet, a bit frustrating, but...these are the breaks.

I just find it funny that it works immediately during install. What is loading then, but not after multibeast/chameleon to my system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back