Contribute
Register

GPRW patch fixes the darkwake issue but prevents the system from waking up from sleep via USB

Motherboard
ASUS PRIME Z490-P
CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
UHD 630 | RX 580
The issue hasn't been truly solved. I restored the changes to the original state since the "solution" to the less annoying problem brought a more annoying problem.
  • I had a problem with dark wakes.
  • I solved that problem by applying a GPRW patch.
  • It solved the dark wake problem but brought the not-being-able-to-wake-up-with-USB problem.
  • I disabled the patch, the USB wake problem is gone
  • I'm having the dark wake problem again. So I'm exactly there where I started.
So I would rather change the title of the thread than mark it "solved". Let's say: "GPRW patch fixes the darkwake issue but prevents the system from waking up from sleep via USB"

// EDIT: I've just changed the title, I didn't know I could do that.

best to create a new thread then if this one has been solved

I've already done that: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...king-asus-prime-z-490-p-sonoma-14-2-1.328711/ but people started responding on this thread, so I continued here :)

@wujekbogdan,

The GPRW patch is meant to disable the ability to wake from sleep via USB, thats the whole point of it, it's only meant to be used on systems that change the USB or power states while sleeping, which can be caused be non conforming USB devices and/or non conformant DSDT/BIOS code.

The GPRW patch should be used in conjunction with SSDT-GPRW, if implemented correctly you should be able to use the power button on the PC to wake MacOS from sleep.

Cheers
Jay

Last edited:
It should be used in conjunction with SSDT-GPRW, if done correctly then you can use the power button
on the PC to wake from sleep.
Ah, crap. I didn't know that it was supposed to work this way. And yeah, I know I can wake up by the power button.

I've been there. This is where I learned about this patch.

I didn't try other patches because only GPRW seems applicable to my system as I only have the GPRW method in my DSDT (I neither have the UPRW method nor LANC device)

Last edited:
Back