Contribute
Register

Got problem when boot stop at Blinking Cursor after boot0

Status
Not open for further replies.
jjjjjj ;-P

Well i think i missed my number ... I'm on 1 !!
I can't install using Unibeast as my USB is not booting ...

I had made the full instalation some weeks ago.
Something went wrong and then my HD is booting with boot0:done stuck.
Trying to boot from the USB takes me to "blinking cursor" ...
I can't acces anywhere anymore ...

I tried a Ubuntu Live Cd and i check that there is some problem with mounting the /OSX10.8 partition ... ?¿ And there is an EFI partition too on the disk ... that's normal i guess ?¿ or not ?

****ing weird !

e*

thanks, but i got this error when i boot to install Mac Mountain Lion via USB created by Unibeast 1.7.

First problem is you are using unsupported tools. Only the latest Unibeast is supported. Recreate your Unibeast USB with the current version of Unibeast (2.1.1).

oops ok sorry . I got it some days ago and i didn't thought it was out of date .
i'll try with latest UniBeast ...

Thanks !

e*

Well tried again with the newest Unibeast (2.1.1 ... while i was trying before with 2.0) ... and it went the same way :

* if booting from HDD i got stuck before bootloader loads in boot0:done...
* if booting from USB i got stuck on the "blinking cursor" before bootloader loads ...

I checked with an Ubuntu Live CD and i found out that my primary HD was not able to mount. So maybe i finished by crashing the disk ...
Solution ? Format and remake partitions and start ALL again ... and it worked as expected ...

Really no idea what happened , just know that re-installing it all worked all again ...

Thanks for your support .

e*

Two weeks after my last post ... I got to the very same problem ... i rebooted and i'm stuck ... if booting from USB i got stopped with a blinking cursor ... and if booting from HD i got the "boot0: done" message and stuck again ...

I've posted my issue here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...oken-usb-blinking-cursor-disk-boot0-done.html

Hopefully someone could help me ... I'm totally lost and i can't understand what could i do to avoid it ... it happened twice this last weeks.

e*

I got a similar problem but I have windows in one drive and in other i have mavericks I need to unplug the windows hdd so I can enter the bootloader you got any soutions?

Zablon, I have exactly same problem as you have. When my other HDD with Windows 7 is plugged in I can NOT see boot screen (even on UniBeast USB). When I unplug that drive, the boot screen show up (however I cannot boot to OS X Yosemite that was working before.)

Zablon, I have exactly same problem as you have. When my other HDD with Windows 7 is plugged in I can NOT see boot screen (even on UniBeast USB). When I unplug that drive, the boot screen show up (however I cannot boot to OS X Yosemite that was working before.)
Any time you disconnect/connect a HDD/SSD from the system you must re-enter the BIOS and set the HDD BBS boot order. If you do not, the BIOS selects the drive longest connected as first, often resulting in the system trying to boot a storage drive - which results in a Boot0 error since there are no boot files on the storage drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back