Contribute
Register

Good news for x99 10.11 [Haswell E - El Capitan]

Status
Not open for further replies.
To test this you only need a spare HDD/SSD and CCC + Clover installer.
1. Clone your drive
2.run Clover installer and select the UEFI install items
3. Move any DSDT/SSDT from /Extra to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched
Use Clover Configurator to create a SMBIOS in confoig.plist, then edit it to match your smbios.plist in /Extra
4. Add any boot-args you have in /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist to Clover boot-args.

You could also use http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=294 to install Clover, which gets you an already halfway cleaned up basic config.plist.

Another method to test is to make a test drive USB - http://www.tonymacx86.com/bootloaders/127134-test-drive-how-create-clover-usb.html and boot with it.

Update to EC is not necessarily easy - I have Yos working great on the X99M Killer, but it takes 5 or 6 boots to get past the "unable to allocate runtime" errors.
Can you update config.plist easy to install .
thanks.

1. Clone your drive
Use Clover Configurator to create a SMBIOS in confoig.plist, then edit it to match your smbios.plist in /Extra

Can you update your config.plist easy to install it.
Thanks Blade.

1. Clone your drive
4. Add any boot-args you have in /Extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist to Clover boot-args.

You could also use http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=294 to install Clover, which gets you an already halfway cleaned up basic config.plist.

Another method to test is to make a test drive USB - http://www.tonymacx86.com/bootloaders/127134-test-drive-how-create-clover-usb.html and boot with it.

Update to EC is not necessarily easy - I have Yos working great on the X99M Killer, but it takes 5 or 6 boots to get past the "unable to allocate runtime" errors.

Quick clarification about the "test USB" method: I can simply use the "stock" USB configuration that is created? I don't need to do any customization (like adding VoodooTSCSync.kext or add kext-dev-mode, etc)?? If that's the case, then I need to made modifications & retry. The stock test USB gave me the forbidden symbol (and when I booted -v, was the same OsxAptioFix error).

I've also tried the other 2 methods that you mentioned (using the Clover installer found in the post-installation tools), as well as the initial method you mentioned....but unfortunately in the same boat. Again, to clarify, when trying either of these 2 methods, I also need to use Clover Configurator to edit the Clover config.plist so that has the same settings/config as my UB/MB working install's sambas.plist and org.chameleon.Boot.pst (in /Extra).

I got a LITTLE closer using method #1 (a few more lines of code deeper into boot). But got stuck here:
20160117_120409.jpg
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thanks again for all those great options - I'll keep digging!! :)

Quick clarification about the "test USB" method: I can simply use the "stock" USB configuration that is created? I don't need to do any customization (like adding VoodooTSCSync.kext or add kext-dev-mode, etc)?? If that's the case, then I need to made modifications & retry. The stock test USB gave me the forbidden symbol (and when I booted -v, was the same OsxAptioFix error).

I've also tried the other 2 methods that you mentioned (using the Clover installer found in the post-installation tools), as well as the initial method you mentioned....but unfortunately in the same boat. Again, to clarify, when trying either of these 2 methods, I also need to use Clover Configurator to edit the Clover config.plist so that has the same settings/config as my UB/MB working install's sambas.plist and org.chameleon.Boot.pst (in /Extra).

I got a LITTLE closer using method #1 (a few more lines of code deeper into boot). But got stuck here:
View attachment 172591
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thanks again for all those great options - I'll keep digging!! :)

If I recall right you have the Asus X99 deluxe right ??? I just spent the last week trying to get my system up and running ... I have pretty much everything working except Bluetooth ... I can provide you with my EFI folder for you to try if you'd like .

If I recall right you have the Asus X99 deluxe right ??? I just spent the last week trying to get my system up and running ... I have pretty much everything working except Bluetooth ... I can provide you with my EFI folder for you to try if you'd like .

Yes indeed - Asus X99 Deluxe, plus I have the ThunderboltII EX/Dual card as well. It's all working under 10.10.5 (including working TB). But of course, lots of :banghead: trying to get EC up & running.

I will **definitely** take you up on your offer!! Thanks very much!! BTW, is the EFI folder you're sharing running on EC, yeah?

Yes indeed - Asus X99 Deluxe, plus I have the ThunderboltII EX/Dual card as well. It's all working under 10.10.5 (including working TB). But of course, lots of :banghead: trying to get EC up & running.

I will **definitely** take you up on your offer!! Thanks very much!! BTW, is the EFI folder you're sharing running on EC, yeah?

Yeah it is running EC pretty much everything works except bluetooth , i dont have a thunderbolt card so i cannot test if that is the culprit but give it a try ....

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    23.8 MB · Views: 203
Hi guys,

I'm on my first Hackintosh. Been 2 days and I didn't get really far so I think my best option relies on you.

MSI X99S SLI PLUS
i7-5820K
GeForce GTX 970

Problem is: I still have the following error message when I try booting from my unibeast USB stick :
Error allocating 0x... pages at 0x... alloc type 2.

What I've tried:
  • boot arg -v -x npci=2000
  • added VooDooTSCSync 6 Core to System/Library/Extension
  • Tried OsxAptioDrvFix and then OsxAptioDrv2Fix
  • Updated last version of Clover
  • Updated last version of BIOS

If anyone got any suggestion I'm willing to try! Thanks :)

Hi guys,

I'm on my first Hackintosh. Been 2 days and I didn't get really far so I think my best option relies on you.

MSI X99S SLI PLUS
i7-5820K
GeForce GTX 970

Problem is: I still have the following error message when I try booting from my unibeast USB stick :
Error allocating 0x... pages at 0x... alloc type 2.

What I've tried:
  • boot arg -v -x npci=2000
  • added VooDooTSCSync 6 Core to System/Library/Extension
  • Tried OsxAptioDrvFix and then OsxAptioDrv2Fix (both at once)
  • Updated last version of Clover
  • Updated last version of BIOS

If anyone got any suggestion I'm willing to try! Thanks :)

try flags : -v cpus=1 npci=0x2000 busratio=32
for first boot i only needed this ones : npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back