Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello All, I love this place and thanks to Tony Macman! When will there be more great builds chosen by moderators of the new gigabite boards in golden builds? Maybe its really early on to see. I'm lurking, reading and collecting resources for my first customac. I'd like to go with new ivy hardware and see lots of people seem to have success. Is it more stable to go with last gen stuff for a sim/game machine?

All the beast,

Goe

Hello All, I love this place and thanks to Tony Macman! When will there be more great builds chosen by moderators of the new gigabite boards in golden builds? Maybe its really early on to see.
We're still early in the 7 series motherboards and Ivy Bridge processors maturity cycle with respect to Apple's native support of this year's technology - Apple has not released any desktops with this technology. So, we'll get some Golden Builds build descriptions when everything works like it should. MacMan and I are building GA-Z77X-UP5 TH based systems so stay tune for news at 11 (as the newscasters promo goes).

I'm lurking, reading and collecting resources for my first customac. I'd like to go with new ivy hardware and see lots of people seem to have success. Is it more stable to go with last gen stuff for a sim/game machine?
The 7 series motherboards and Ivy Bridge processors will make a good new computer. See the tonymacx86 Buyers Guide for 2012 in my signature block for the hackintosh recommended components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back