i5 3570K
Graphics
GT640
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,

I really like the buyers guides and have made several builds based on ATX and mATX. Apple released the new Mac mini several months ago. Seeing this beautiful little gem I realized I rather have a small form factor. Let’s call it nano. Don’t care much about expandibility, one or two drives should be enough for this usecase. I also don’t play games, so a cpu/gpu combination from intel will do the job. I do care about the case. It should be really small and beautiful with some USB ports. The build should also drive a 27” monitor at 2K vertical resolution.

What suggestions or experience do you have with the least necessary kexts?

Best regards.

This Realan case in Silver looks the most like the original Mac mini from 2005-2009. Minus the optical drive slot. I actually prefer to have the power button in the front. Sorry S.J., that looked better but just isn't practical.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-air-and-mac-mini.263759/page-34#post-1874930

You can install pretty much any mini-ITX motherboard you'd like into it. Add a few SSDs or even an NVME SSD and you've got a nice quiet system that is just the right size.

If you do want a true Nano size CustoMac go with a NUC by Intel system. There are many guides by Rehabman here on how to install macOS on those. Use search to find them. The downside is that you get a cheap plastic case rather than brushed Aluminium.

1546371879099.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back