Contribute
Register

Going crazy trying to get my GTX 970 recognized in Yosemite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to finally be working! The only problem is that I have to turn off/turn on my monitor to get the login screen displayed. I used a combination of yours and Edkroket's advice, by adding his suggested "npci=0x2000" and your suggestion of setting IGP to "No". Should I remove "ncp=0x2000", or modify anything to the plist? This is what my bootlist looks like...
View attachment 117224

Set "OS Type" to "Windows 8" (if available) and "CSM" to "Never" to fix monitor power-up issues

It seems to finally be working! The only problem is that I have to turn off/turn on my monitor to get the login screen displayed. I used a combination of yours and Edkroket's advice, by adding his suggested "npci=0x2000" and your suggestion of setting IGP to "No". Should I remove "ncp=0x2000", or modify anything to the plist? This is what my bootlist looks like...
You have nvda_dr=1 in your plist, you can remove that one. You can also remove ncpi=0x2000 and test if you need that flag to boot with. If it doesn't boot then type it in at the Chimera boot screen and add it back to your plist. Try another port on the 970 and see if you can get a clean boot to the desktop without have to power cycle your monitor.

How would I go about removing "Generate CPU States"? I read that if you have a 4690K, you want to keep that unchecked when first running Multibeast. I didn't find out about this until after the install. And how would I go about changing my system's definition to 15,1? Someone suggested my build better resembles that system definition.

Thanks for all your help!

Set "OS Type" to "Windows 8" (if available) and "CSM" to "Never" to fix monitor power-up issues

I just tried that out, but then it said it couldn't find a boot device.

How would I go about removing "Generate CPU States"? I read that if you have a 4690K, you want to keep that unchecked when first running Multibeast. I didn't find out about this until after the install. And how would I go about changing my system's definition to 15,1? Someone suggested my build better resembles that system definition.

Thanks for all your help!

Navigate to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist open with text edit or your preferred editor. Set Generate C/P states to No. Save it and thats it. Default is Generate C/P states=Yes.

I just tried that out, but then it said it couldn't find a boot device.

This is not related to this topic - set your BIOS boot device accordingly

I got luck booting with nv_disable=1 graphicsenabler=no -x maxmem=4096
but when installing webdrivers monitor going black, cause maybe i'm on hdmi to hdmi cable...
i need a dv to hdmi cable to run the gtx970 on osx?

My GTX970 worked with a HDMI to HDMI cable with my monitor but "only" 4k@30Hz"

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/151489-success-4k60hz-lg-31mu97-osx10-10-1-a.html

Since 10.10.1 OS X seems to have basic support for the Maxwell chip (soft render by 1280x1024) which helps for boot and the activation of NVIDIAs last web driver.

Hi! Great news! I was able to install the webdrivers and everythings looks fine, but then on restart, i see the apple logo and i loose the signal on my tv/monitor. Did this happened to you also? Any help?
Thank you!

Hi! Great news! I was able to install the webdrivers and everythings looks fine, but then on restart, i see the apple logo and i loose the signal on my tv/monitor. Did this happened to you also? Any help?
Thank you!

No never, only about 2sec darkness because of new resolution.

After Apple logo the monitor switches to the native resolution just before the login screen appears.
I saw the same in other threads, have you tried to switch off / switch on the monitor after booting OS X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back